Vocabularyto sharpen - точитьassignment - заданиеto make certain - чтобы убедитьсяto concentrate - концентрироваться,сосредоточиватьсяto get smth out of the way - разделаться с чем-л.to rearrange - переставлять, расставлятьto exchange - обмениватьсяderogatory - пренебрежительный, уничижительныйremark замечание at large - в целом tongue - язык Mysterious - таинственный to lurk - прятаться, притаиться sunrise - восход солнца face down - лицом вниз at the top of ones lungs - во весь голос, изо всей мочи to leap up - вскочить (на ноги) to complain - жаловаться
1. Sit in a straight, comfortable chair in a well-lightedplace with plenty of freshly sharpened pencils. 2. Read over the assignment carefully, to make certain you understand it.
3. Go to the kitchen and have a cup of coffeeto help you concentrate.4. Phone your friend from class.If your friend hasnt started the paper yet either,you can both walk to McDonalds and buy ahamburger to help you concentrate.
5. When you get back to your room, sit in astraight, comfortable chair in a clean, well-lightedplace with plenty of freshly sharpened pencils.6. Read over the assignment again to makeabsolutely certain you understand it.
7. You know, you havent written to that kidyou met at camp last summer.Youd better write that letter now and get it out ofthe way so you can concentrate.8.Go to look at your teeth in the bathroom mirror.
9. Listen to one side of your favourite cassetteand thats it — I mean it. As soon as its overyou are going to start that paper.10. Listen to the other side.11. Rearrange all of your CDs into alphabeticalorder.
12. Phone your friend and ask if hes startedwriting yet. Exchange derogatory remarksabout your teacher, the school (college, uni-versity) and the world at large.13. Sit in a straight, comfortable chair in aclean, well-lighted place with plenty offreshly sharpened pencils.
14. Have a look in the programme guide.Probably youre missing something trulyinteresting on TV.15. Phone your friend to ask what he/she iswatching.16. Go to look at your tongue in the bathroommirror.
17. Sit down and do some serious thinkingabout your plans for the future.18. Open your door and check to see if thereare any mysterious strangers lurking in thehall.
19. Sit in a straight, comfortable chair in aclean, well-lighted place with plenty offreshly sharpened pencils.20. Read over the assignment one more time.21. Move your chair across the room to thewindow and watch the sunrise.
22. Lie face down on the floor and scream at thetop of your lungs.23. Leap up and write the paper.24. Complain to everyone that you didnt getany sleep because you had to write thepaper.