3. Top Down designing better environments for doing better UX Bottom Up delivering strategy through execution
4. what are you trying to achieve? 1. vision (business purpose) what’s the plan? 2. business strategy value proposition target audience business model customer experience strategy 3. what tools keep customer the organisation customer journey map experience (CX) aligned? framework personas design principles KPIs and metrics how do weexecute the plan? 4. strategy driven tactical execution cross-disciplinary workﬂow prototyping in code evidence driven decisions agile, iterative methodology
5. Strategy lives in delivery not in meetings
6. How I work now... - get a multidisciplinary team quickly. - sketch to HTML, stay out of photoshop - real content, prototype/testing content- multiple prototypes (test lots of ideas, don’t commit) - quickly test both qualitative and ‘active’ use - let stakeholders ‘touch’ your ideas - iterate, the more quickly to learn more. - only document what you really need to.
7. prototyping beats abstraction
8. Be makingnot documenting what does it feel like?
9. Prototype Change make new things less scary
10. Show, don’t tella design principle and a way of working
11. Don’t work alone a small, co-located team is best -you (UX/IA)- 1 or 2 FE Developers (UX Developers?) - Content Prototyper - BA / Project Mgr - Visual/Graphic Designer - 1 or two Back End Dev
12. make decisions with evidence embrace experimentation make evidence based decisions
13. Content Prototyping content is crucial. experiment with content
14. At which of these two universities would you prefer to study?
15. Prototypes arePersuasiveexcite your stakeholders