While it is easy to sign up for a LinkedIn account, few people realize that their LinkedIn account can open doors to new business partnerships, potentials clients, and a wealth of information to aid in building a business. Although it is not exactly rocket science, establishing strong relationships in LinkedIn is quickly replacing lunch meetings and cold calls. And, the reason why is simple. You can easily meet and introduce yourself to a host of interesting and interested business contacts all within a few minutes. More importantly, you gain exposure to many other business owners and clients from across the street as well as across the world!
1. Relationships Does Matter in Business
2. SECTION 2. Who Uses LinkedIn? Are the people you want to meet on LinkedIn? SECTION 1. LinkedIn? What is LinkedIn and it’s background SECTION 3. Personalizing your profile account in LinkedIn (or if you already have one, how to make sure it’s optimized)
3. <ul><li>Founded on December 2002 </li></ul><ul><li>Launched Date: May 5 2003 </li></ul><ul><li>Revenue as per Q1 2011: US$ 121 millions </li></ul><ul><li>Slogan: Relationships Matter </li></ul><ul><li>Listed: NYSC May 2011 </li></ul>Founder: Reid Hoffman Former board member of PayPal
5. The Old Way To Do Business
6. A NEW Way of Doing Business
7. Average Age 41 Household Income $109,703 Male 64% JOB TITLES: Executives EVP/SVP Senior Management Middle Management
8. LinkedIn adds a new member every second!
9. LinkedIn has over 115.8 million members. 115,800,000
10. The majority of LinkedIn users are decision-makers or have influence in the purchase decisions at their companies. 66%
12. Tag Keyword Sharing Box (Twitter) Current & Past positions Recommendation & Connections Personal contact channels
13. Reach more people by utilizing your whole network.
14. Browse group discussions or answer questions.
15. Find connections to leverage by researching people or companies.
16. Manage the information that’s publicly available about you as a professional.
17. Promote yourself or your work Make new business or professional contacts 22% 20% 47% 67% Do you use your online profile to…
18. Your Turn! Create or make changes to your profile.
19. to grow business on LinkedIn
20. <ul><li>Professional Profile only </li></ul>2. Regular share & update 3. Comment on update
21. 4. Use LinkedIn Apps http://www.linkedin.com/static?key=application_directory 5. Join groups and interact appropriately 6. Share blog posts with your groups