1. TED Mersin College 7th Grades Bloom's Taxonomy By Başak Öner Deniz Demirci Nilüfer Berikan Onur Kuşçu
2. Introduction <ul><li>We asked these questions about the autobiography titled “I am Rosa Parks.” </li></ul><ul><li>The following questions are applied in the lesson. </li></ul>
4. Questions according to Bloom’s Taxonomy <ul><li>Why was Rosa Parks arrested? (Knowledge) </li></ul><ul><li>What is segregation? (Knowledge) </li></ul><ul><li>Can you describe the difficulties black people had to face during the times of segregation? (Comprehension) </li></ul><ul><li>Do you know any other important incidents about the segregation between black people and white people? (Application) </li></ul>
5. Questions according to Bloom’s Taxonomy (continued) <ul><li>What can be the reasons behind the segregation law in the south of the USA? (Analysis) </li></ul><ul><li>What laws would you change if you had the power? Why? (Synthesis) </li></ul><ul><li>What do you think about segregation? (Evaluation) </li></ul><ul><li>How would you have handled it if you were arrested for segregation ?(Evaluation) </li></ul>
6. Evaluation <ul><li>Dinleyicilerinizin yapması gereken işlemleri özetleyin </li></ul><ul><li>Konuyu izlemek için sizin yapmanız gereken işlemleri özetleyin </li></ul>
7. The students are expected to write and present their autobiographies following the steps given by the instructors. They will be evaluated according to this rubric. Excellent Good Fair Weak Content Gives an excellent introduction of himself, giving details about his life pointing out the important events. Gives a good introduction of himself, giving few details about his life. Shows only a basic introduction of himself, giving basic information about his life. Gives a limited introduction about himself. Content is fixed on a specific period of his life and not well supported.
8. Organization Prepares a well organized autobiography, having a chronological order using authentic materials. Provides most of the parts an autobiography should have. Provides limited selection of the periods of his life. The organization of the autobiography is virtually incomplete. Creativity and Materials Very original and grabs the reader’s attention. Materials clearly support the periods of his life. Provides some originality. Materials most support the content and are used to make autobiography interesting. Materials presented with little originality. Repetitive. Materials do not relate to the student’s life or no materials are used.
9. Language Uses the tenses accurately. Distinguishes the different periods of his life and which tenses to use while telling them. Some errors are made unconsciously using the tenses and a few inappropriate words. Weak in using the tenses and using limited vocabulary. No attempt to use varied vocabulary and poor use of language. Delivery Presents the autobiography fluently and accurately, using visual materials. Student presents the autobiography satisfactorily. Speech is mostly clear and easy to understand. Student is often hesitant and can’t present the autobiography orally.Speech is often unclear and hard to uınderstand. Student presents the autobiography unsatisfactorily. Speech is unclear and not organi z ed.