INFLUENCE OF THE WAR:
• In 1916, the Olympics were cancelled.
• This was because there was a lack of participants
due to amount of deaths in WW1.
BETWEEN 2 WORLD WARS:
• The upper class went back to doing leisure activities
(tennis, golf, cricket) and going on holiday.
• Working class went back to watching football and
WORLD WAR 2:
• Sporting activities were stopped.
• This was because all the participants were being
trained to battle.
• So everyone was
focused on the war.
• This was the ‘war effort’.
PE IN SCHOOL WAS INFLUENCED
BY THE ARMY:
• The training that the troops used to go to war was
brought into PE lessons.
• All around the country military drills were introduced
• This also encouraged youngsters to get involved in