5. The simplest answer isthat branding is a set ofassociations thatpeople make with acompany, product,service, individual ororganisation.
6. Part 2What does Branding Do?
7. Branding helps you to: Deﬁne your Target Market Differentiate from the Competition Promote your product message Be relevant to the target market Create product loyalty Drive Sales Make People Happy!
8. How doesbranding addvalue to yourproduct?
9. Consistent branding adds value to your product by helping the consumer make efﬁcient purchasing decisions It communicates your products key beneﬁtsAlso, it generates loyalty to the branded productIt provides you with a powerful tool to ENGAGE with your consumers
10. Adding Value:People are generallywilling to pay more fora branded productthan they are forsomething which islargely unbranded.
11. Connecting with People:Creating a connection with people is important forall organisations
12. Part 3Deﬁning a Brand
13. Deﬁning a Brand: If you can start toThe big idea? answer these questions withValues? clarity and consistency thenVision? you have the basis for developing aPersonality? strong brand.
14. Anyone thirsty?
15. Although just a softdrink, the actual CocaCola product is eclipsedby the sheer might ofthe Coca-Cola brand.
16. A 2007 surveyrevealed Coca-Colaʼsbrand equity wasvalued at US $65.3bn,just under half thecompanyʼs truemarket value.
17. So what are these • The original cola drink (ʻThe Real Thingʼ)all-powerfulassociations? • Itʼs all-American • Itʼs youthful, energeticFor Coca-Cola,typical perceptions • Unmistakable red and white logomight be: • Unique shaped bottles
18. These practices They are alsonot only apply to essential forthe big players small businesses
19. Established or just new…Your Brand Does Matter!