1. Barloworld Handling Your Green Solutions Provider Direct Methanol Fuel Cell Presentation
2. Hydrogen Vs. Methanol <ul><li>Run Time Comparison </li></ul><ul><li>Cost Comparison </li></ul><ul><li>Differences Between Hydrogen & Methanol </li></ul><ul><li>Warranty Comparison </li></ul><ul><li>Refuel Infrastructure </li></ul><ul><li>Refuel Head To Head </li></ul><ul><li>History / Time Line </li></ul><ul><li>Model I Overview </li></ul><ul><li>Frequently Asked Questions </li></ul><ul><li>ROI & Demo </li></ul>Fuel Cell 101 & 102 In Summary 3 2 1 <ul><li>Fuel Cell Fact & Fiction </li></ul><ul><li>First Things First / Methane and Methanol </li></ul><ul><li>What is a Fuel Cell? </li></ul><ul><li>Why Methanol? </li></ul><ul><li>What is OorjaPac ™? </li></ul><ul><li>6 Key Advantages & The Impact Of 3 </li></ul><ul><li>What does OorjaPac ™ Provide? </li></ul>
3. $2,271,495.92 Number You’ve Been Waiting For: Total Amount Of Annual Unrecoverable Operating Expenses $6,814,487.76 3 Year Lease Unrecoverable Operating Expense
4. REAL Number You’ve Been Waiting For: ROI: 13 Months $189,291.32 Month 14 Profit For P & L Statement
5. Current Methanol Fuel Cell Customers
6. Current Methanol Fuel Cell Customers Since their 1 st PO, Nissan has since submitted 2 more PO’s for a total of 84 units. By using the Model III OorjaPac™ Fuel Cell, Nissan has been able to “right size” their fleet, decrease the number of Fuel Cells purchased in latest PO and increase productivity. All part of the McDonalds Family 4 PO’s in the last 8 months GSF has converted their entire DC in Lemont, IL. Martin Brower converted their entire Stockton, CA. DC Earp converted their entire Kansas City, MO. DC
7. <ul><li>What is your knowledge or experience with </li></ul><ul><li>Fuel Cell Technology? </li></ul>Expensive Technology Unsafe Bulky Expensive To Maintain Difficult To Operate Unreliable Expensive Infrastructure Unable to keep up with demand of lift Fact Vs Fiction
8. First Things First Methanol Fuel Methane Gas
9. What is a Fuel Cell?
10. Define A Fuel Cell? A fuel cell (FC) is a device that combines Fuel (Hydrogen, Methanol, Natural Gas) and Oxygen in an electrochemical process which generates electricity along with some heat and water as byproducts. Difference Between Hydrogen & Methanol Fuel Cell? Both take Hydrogen & combine with Oxygen to generate electrons. Both produce heat and H2O as a ByProduct. Methanol also produces CO2 (8 – 10 Men Breathing) Hydrogen Fuel Cell has a tank to store H2O byproduct and has to be emptied when refueling. Methanol does not.
11. Cost Of Energy Ratio Natural Gas <ul><li>Abundant and inexpensive fuel supply </li></ul><ul><ul><li>Made from coal, biomass, natural gas </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Uses include fuel in windshield wiper fluid, cooking fuel, antifreeze, </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>fertilizer and solvents </li></ul></ul><ul><li>Existing fuel infrastructure </li></ul><ul><li>A gallon generates 4 kWh or 5 gallons powers a forklift for 24 hours </li></ul>55% 23 % 14 % 8 % Why Methanol? Hydrogen LPG Propane Methanol Hydrogen
12. What is OorjaPac ™ ? What Is OorjaPac™ ● Oorja has pioneered the development and commercialization of an Ultra-Powerful Alcohol Fuel Cell solution for the material handling industry in US and UK. ● OorjaPac ™ is a Safe, Cost Effective, “Green” on-board battery charger for material handling vehicles. It trickle-charges the vehicles battery while the vehicle is operating or while it is parked and periodically equalizes the batteries. OorjaPac ™ is capable of charging 24v, 36v & 48v in - 20ºF to 110ºF. ● The OorjaPac ™ solution completely eliminates the need for battery-swapping or rapid charging, allowing customers to economize their fleets.
14. Organization How Could 3 change your organization? What Could You Do With More Floor Space? How Much More Product Could You move? Would It Reduce Product Damage? Would Decreasing Operator Fatigue Increase Productivity? Would It Reduce Injuries? Would it increase safety? Battery Room Productivity Labor
15. What does OorjaPac ™ Provide ? <ul><li>OorjaPac™ provides: </li></ul><ul><li>Intelligent Charging </li></ul><ul><li>Continuously monitors battery </li></ul><ul><li>Battery SOC maintained between </li></ul><ul><li>30-80% while vehicle is in use. </li></ul><ul><li>Prevents Deep-Cycling </li></ul><ul><li>Automatic Equalization * Of Batteries </li></ul><ul><li>Reduced Acid Emissions From </li></ul><ul><li>over Charging </li></ul>
16. Begin With The Rule Of 20 <ul><li>How Could 20 OorjaPac™ Fuel Cells Affect Your Organization? </li></ul><ul><li>Eliminate (3) 20 Minute Battery Swaps In 1 day </li></ul><ul><li>20% End Of Day Operator Fatigue eliminated </li></ul><ul><li>Gain valuable Floor Space by reducing the space that 20 batteries and 20 chargers take up </li></ul><ul><li>20% Product Damage Reduced </li></ul>
17. Hydrogen vs. Methanol
18. Anheuser-Bush Rejects $1.1 Mil Fuel Cell Grant Anheuser-Busch Reject $1.1 mil Fuel Cell Grant Source : PAT FERRIER Coloradian The Anheuser-Busch brewery in Fort Collins has rejected a $1.1 million experimental energy grant from the U.S. Department of Energy to replace lead-acid batteries on its fleet of forklifts with cleaner fuel cell packs. The grant, announced a year ago, was part of $41.9 million in federal stimulus funds awarded to 13 companies to develop and deploy fuel cells. Implementing the technology in A-B’s forklifts would have provided a “real-world” look at how fuel cells perform with daily use. Grant recipients were expected to match the DOE funds, and A-B indicated the additional costs were too high. “ A thorough project analysis revealed additional costs, and we decided to dedicate our resources to other clean- energy projects that have better, more efficient use in our business,” Kevin Fahrenkrog, A-B’s Fort Collins manager, wrote in an e-mail. The company did not respond to further questions about the grant. Fahrenkrog cited A-B’s other clean-energy projects, including installation of a molecular sieve, which increases ethanol, a byproduct of the brewing process, to a higher proof, allowing it to be directly blendable with E85 flex fuel, selling fuel crops grown at its Nutri-Turf farm to a local ethanol plant and decreasing water use by almost 32 percent. Fahrenkrog said the efforts have contributed to a 27 percent decline in fuel use in the past five years. Department of Energy spokeswoman Tiffany Edwards said in a voicemail message that during “negotiations” with A-B, the company decided not to go forward with the grant and referred all other questions to A-B. Fuel cells promise to provide green energy storage for everything from electronic gadgets to cars, but getting the right chemistry and keeping the manufacturing costs low are tricky to do, the DOE said in announcing the grants in April 2009. Fuel cell companies have found some success deploying their products for back-up power systems and industrial equipment such as forklifts, the DOE said. So the government is using the $41.9 million to support those May 29, 2010 - 1:08 PM
19. Hydrogen vs. Methanol 3 4 NFPA (Fire) Rating 0= no special hazard; 4 is severe hazard Indoors or Outdoors Always Outdoor—Not possible to store indoors Location of the Refueling Station and Fuel Storage Plastic (same as gasoline) or metal tank High pressure metal cylinders or Cryogenic containers Storage Containers Liquid— Non-pressurized and stored at atmospheric Compressed —Under >5000 psi Storage and Packaging Conditions Liquid Gaseous---lightest gas in the world State of the fuel Methanol Hydrogen
20. Cost Of Fuel:Run Time Hydrogen = $22.00 for 24 hours run time Methanol = $8.24 for 24 hours run time Hydrogen is 266% more expensive than Methanol per hour of run time
21. Cost Of OorjaPac™ Vs. Hydrogen Fuel Cell Hydrogen = $17,500 - 35,000 Per Fuel Cell Methanol = $25,000 – 50,000 Per Fuel Cell Hydrogen Refuel Station is 43x More Expensive Than The OorjaRig™ Hydrogen Refuel Station = $1,500,000.00 Methanol Refuel Station = $35,000.00
22. Refuel Time of OorjaPac™ Vs. Hydrogen Fuel Cell Hydrogen Fuel Cell Refuel Time = 2 – 5 Minutes OorjaPac™ = 30 – 45 Seconds The OorjaPac™ refuels 94% faster than Hydrogen Fuel Cells do. 42 Hrs. per year w/ Hydrogen vs. 6.9 Hrs. w/ Methanol
23. Refuel Infrastructure of Methanol Vs. Hydrogen Hydrogen Refuel Station Concrete Pad / $50k for 50 Trucks Refuel Station 500FT from facility / Kill Zone Hydrogen stored at 10,000 – 15,000 PSI Methanol Refuel Station Inside Building / Next To Building Refuel Rigs Stored ANYWHERE In Facility for Convenience Refuel Rig Operates At 2 – 3 PSI Methanol Fuel Handled By ANYONE / No Special Training Oorja Refuel Rig is Plug/Play, No Infrastructure Changes Needed
24. Time Line Hydrogen Between 2002 – 2010 roughly 800 units were sold and delivered. Methanol Between 2009 – 2010 approximately 600 units were sold and delivered. There are active PO’s for over 300 units for 2011. Hydrogen has averaged 8 units per month sold, Methanol has averaged 50 units per month sold! That’s a 600% acceptance rate of Methanol over Hydrogen!
25. Warranty Methanol Vs. Hydrogen Hydrogen Methanol 1 Year Major Components 180 Days Entire Fuel Cell / Wearable Items 2 Years Fuel Cell Stack Parts & Labor 5 Year Major Components Fuel Cell Stack Replaced Yearly (Included In Price) 5 Year Parts 1 Year Labor Included
26. HX Assy Module 2 3 5 4 Stack & Manifold Module 1 Fuel Tank Module Pow. Elect Modules BOP Tower Assy Module The OorjaPac is very simple and is only composed of 5 basic modules Inside the Model I OorjaPac™
27. <ul><li>NEW Hyster B80ZAC $8443.89 </li></ul><ul><li>New 12-85G-13 $2,400.00 </li></ul><ul><li>Cost (2) Extra Batterys $4,800.00 </li></ul><ul><li>(1) Enforcer Charger $2,300.00 </li></ul>Payment (Truck & 1 Battery): $213.20 Payment (2 Extra Battery’s & Charger): $140.58 In our 30 truck example our savings for year 1 = $316,200.00 Payments Using New Ownership Model On 30 Trucks = $228,600.00 Total Savings to Customer Year 1 = $87,400.00 Ownership Model
28. <ul><li>WAIT!! What about the cost of the Methanol and the time </li></ul><ul><li>to refuel the OorjaPac? </li></ul>1 Year Savings on 30 Trucks = $316,200.00 1 Year methanol cost and refuel labor on 30 Trucks = $90,251.88 Savings – Cost of methanol/labor = - $2,651.88 New Ownership Model Payments (30 Trucks) x 1 Year = $228,600.00 Productivity Gained Through ZBC (Year 1) = $47,226.67 Positive Cash Flow for Year 1 = $44,574.79
29. Frequently Asked Questions Do we need to buy a new battery to use with the fuel cell? Does it hurt the battery? How does the OorjaPac ™ impact battery life? Do you have to designate a refueling station technician? What batteries does the OorjaPac ™ support ? What is the difference between a battery and a fuel cell? Is it safe around food, health/beauty products, or in freezers? What happens if there is a methanol leak? Will unit catch fire? If there is a methanol spill, do we have to do anything special to clean it up?
30. Barloworld Handling Robert Leonberger Ph: 615.220.5320 Cell: 615.556.4148 Email: [email_address] Thank You! Connect on: