FORGED BY FIRE TEST
ANSWER QUESTIONS 1-20 ON YOUR OWN PAPER!
WRITE IN COMPLETE SENTENCES. 5 points each.
1. What caused the apartment fire Gerald was in when he was three years old?
2. What happened to mama after the fire?
3. What happened to Aunt Queen before she could bring Angel to live with her?
4. Did Jordan want Gerald to come and live with them? How do you know?
5. What did Gerald realize when he saw Angel sitting on Jordan’s lap?
6. Write an example of onomatopoeia from the book.
7. Why was Jordan going to punish Angel? What happened to Gerald when he
attempted to help her?
8. What makes Angel feel whole again?
9. How did Jordan use Tiger to hurt Angel?
10. Give an example of personification from the novel.
11. Give an example of a simile from the novel.
12. Give an example of foreshadowing from the novel.
13. What was Monique’s reaction to Jordan’s arrest?
14. What did the court give Angel to help her testify against Jordan?
15. What did Mr. Washington tell Gerald to do when Jordan returned after six years?
16. How was Rob killed?
17. What happened to Jordan at the end?
18. How did Jordan save Gerald and Angel’s life?
19. What was the conflict in the story?
20. What is the setting of the story, time and place?