1. Source: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/windowsstore/archive/2011/12/06/announcing-the-new-windows-store.aspx
Designing great games for Windows
2. 400m number taken from Nokia Q3, 2013 financial report and Gartner PC Tracker 3Q13.
10% share number taken from Kantar World Panel.
App Store numbers taken from “Microsoft by the Numbers” website.
3. Tablets Hybrids All in Ones
4. Windows Phone 8
Shared core with Windows 8
Common programming model
5. Nokia Lumia 520 Nokia Lumia 620 Nokia Lumia 720
Amazing Entry Level Devices <£150
6. Nokia Lumia 1020 Nokia Lumia 1520 Nokia Lumia 925
Amazing High Spec Devices including 6inch devices
7. This is all great news, but what does it
mean for indie developers..
Developing for Windows 8, Windows Phone and
8. 148,000+in less 3 weeksSource: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/windowsstore/archive/2011/12/06/announcing-the-new-windows-store.aspx
Richard Hawkins – WilsonAdventure.com
Ported at London Microsoft/Nokia Unity Porting Day
At the peak of Christmas it hit 8,090 downloads a day,
average out at around 2-4k per day.
Here from Richard @rhawkins25
9. 800,000+Source: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/windowsstore/archive/2011/12/06/announcing-the-new-windows-store.aspx
Mudvark: Mortar Melon. HTML5 game built with construct2
For Windows Phone 8 and Windows 8
Rebellion: Dredd vs Zombie
Over 1 million downloads within 9 months of Windows 8 launch,
Significant code re-use from Windows Phone to Windows 8.
11. Strike Suit Zero:
part of the
It is in our DNA.
Microsoft’s mission is to enable people and business around
the world to realise their full potential.
but only if
we can do
1 & 2 first
ups makes us
13. Microsoft Ventures
What is the full breadth of our offering?
Here's what the devs at Wales Interactive have to say about it:
"Our participation within the App Challenge has been great experience, the integration into our games was simple and the results have been amazing. We
have seen a marked increase in user participation and cross application installs, the feedback from the users has all been positive. The challenge of
downloading and finding new apps and games for rewards has created a large increase in downloads and meant that it has expanded to a user base to
people who wouldn't normally download our games."
Don’t just make an app. Create a legend
Supporting developers and exciting
The UK AppChallenge is a Microsoft initiative to support and
uncover great UK developer talent, by showcasing hidden gems
and brand new apps from UK developers to Windows &
Windows Phone super fans!
15. “Take developers from an app idea to a successful app by providing help,
promotions and rewards.”
made by Nokia
16. App Campus Criteria
•Funded with 21M€ by Microsoft, Nokia and Aalto University.
•A new kind of seed accelerator for next generation of mobile
Differentiation: Brand New App, OR existing App with
differentiated features X WP.
Mass Market Appeal: potential to generage + 1/2 M
Downloads/Year and/or 10Ks€ of Revenue/Year.
Great Team: experienced in Apps/Services on key mobile platforms
with proven design, technical & biz capabilities.
Convincing overall proposal: App design, features/content, technical
solution, business model.
18. Student Developers:
Microsoft Accelerator http://aka.ms/UKAccelerator
Unity Porting Camp Manchester 17th May http://www.unityportinguk.com
Microsoft Beautiful Game – http://www.beautifulgamecomp.com