Young Living Essential Oils
Introduction to Everyday Oils
What are Essential Oils?
• Extracted from trees, shrubs, flowers & stems and
• Life force of the plant
• Equivalent to the blood in the human body
• Work to boost the immune system in the plant
History of essential oils…
The use of essential oils goes all the way back to the days of
the Bible. There are over 200 references to aromatics, incense
and ointments mentioned in the Bible. The reference most
will remember is the gift from the wise men of Frankincense
and Myrrh to the baby Jesus. Or Mary anointing the feet of
Jesus with oils and wiping them with her hair in the book of
Ways to use essential oils:
Topically… Directly on the
desired area, on the
bottom of your feet or on
the vita flex points.
Inhalation… Inhaling the oil
directly from the bottle or
by diffusing in a room.
Internally… Put oils in
capsules, drink in your
water, juice or NingXia Red.
Everyday Essential Oils
• 10 oils…
Peace and Calming
• Frankincense useful for visualizing, improving one's spiritual connection,
and centering, it has comforting properties that help focus the mind and
overcome stress and despair. It is a valuable ingredient in skin care
products for aging and dry skin. Known to repair DNA damage. Used in
• Inhale frankincense essential oil after lunch to spiritually refocus.
• Rub frankincense essential oil on the bottom of your feet to help alleviate
Lemon has a strong, purifying, citrus scent that is revitalizing
and uplifting. Lemon consists of 68 percent dlimonene, a
powerful antioxidant. It is delightfully refreshing in water and
may be beneficial for the skin. Lemon may also be used to
enhance the flavor of foods. Lemon essential oil is coldpressed from the rinds of lemons. It is estimated that it takes
3,000 lemons to produce one kilo of oil.
•Use 1–2 drops of lemon essential oil to remove gum, oil, grease spots, glue or
adhesive, and crayon from most surfaces.
•Combine 2–3 drops of lemon essential oil with water in a spray bottle to help cleanse
and sanitize surfaces.
•Place a drop of lemon essential oil on oily skin or blemishes to help balance oil glands
and minimize oil production.
Cleanses the Liver
Peppermint has a strong, clean, fresh, minty aroma. One of the oldest and most
highly regarded herbs for soothing digestion, it may also restore digestive
efficiency. This powerful essential oil is often diluted before topical application.
Peppermint may also be used to enhance the flavor of food and water.
•Add a drop of peppermint essential oil to herbal tea to help aid normal digestion.
•Massage several drops of peppermint essential oil on the abdomen, place a drop on
wrists, or inhale to soothe the minor stomach discomfort associated with travel.
Lavender has a fresh, sweet, floral, herbaceous aroma that is soothing and refreshing. Because it
is the most versatile of all essential oils, no home should be without it. Lavender is an adaptogen,
and therefore can assist the body when adapting to stress or imbalances. It is a great aid for
relaxing and winding down before bedtime, yet has balancing properties that can also boost
stamina and energy. Therapeutic-grade lavender is highly regarded for skin and beauty. It may be
used to soothe and cleanse common cuts, bruises, and skin irritations.
• Soothe minor burns by applying 2–3 drops of lavender essential
oil to the affected area.
• Rub lavender essential oil on dry or chapped skin to
moisturize the affected area.
Purification can be used directly on the skin to cleanse
and soothe insect bites, cuts, and scrapes. When diffused,
it helps to purify and cleanse the air from environmental
impurities including cigarette smoke and other
• Dilute several drops of Purification essential oil blend
in a spray bottle and spray to repel insects.
• Apply one drop of Purification essential oil blend
topically to soothe existing bug bites or scratches.
• Add Purification essential oil blend to your washing
machine to freshen laundry.
Thieves was created based on research about four thieves
in France who covered themselves with cloves, rosemary,
and other aromatics while robbing plague victims. This
proprietary essential oil blend was university tested for its
cleansing abilities. It is highly effective in supporting the
immune system and good health.
• Put a few drops of Thieves essential oil blend in a
capsule and swallow with water to support your immune
• Put in a few drops of Thieves essential oil blend in your
dishwater or dishwasher to thoroughly clean dishes and
Colds & Flu
PanAway was created by Gary Young following a severe
injury to the ligaments in his leg. Containing wintergreen
essential oil, which is often used for massage, PanAway is
soothing to the skin while providing comforting warmth
to muscles after exercise.
• Rub PanAway essential oil blend across your lower
back if you feel discomfort from sitting in front of a
• Rub PanAway essential oil blend on muscles to help
alleviate stressed muscles or other physical
Peace and Calming
Peace & Calming is a gentle, fragrant blend. When diffused, it
helps calm tensions and uplift the spirit, promoting relaxation
and a deep sense of peace. When massaged on the bottoms of
the feet, it can be a wonderful prelude to a peaceful night's rest.
Peace & Calming may be especially calming and comforting to
young children after an overactive and stressful day.
• Massage Peace & Calming essential oil blend on the reflex
points of the feet and back of the neck for a soothing and
• Rub Peace & Calming essential oil blend on feet to release
tension and promote a good night’s rest.
• Rub Peace & Calming essential oil blend behind overactive
pets’ ears after an afternoon of playing with the kids.
Valor is an empowering combination of therapeutic-grade essential
oils that works with both the physical and spiritual aspects of the
body to increase feelings of strength, courage, and self-esteem in
the face of adversity. Renowned for its strengthening qualities,
Valor enhances an individual's internal resources. It has also been
found to help energy alignment in the body.
• Massage 1–2 drops of Valor essential oil blend on your temples
or neck to ward off negative energy and increase inner strength
when it’s time to have a serious talk with your boss, friend, or
• Add Valor essential oil blend to your back following a massage
for an uplifting experience.
• Rub Valor essential oil blend on wrists to ease anxiety and yield
Joy is a luxuriously exotic blend with uplifting overtones that creates
magnetic energy and brings joy to the heart. When worn as cologne or
perfume, Joy exudes an alluring and irresistible fragrance that inspires
romance and togetherness. When diffused, it can be refreshing and
• Helps overcome deep-seated grief and depression
• Creates a sense of balance, harmony and well-being
• Revitalizes and enhances both the nervous and cardiovascular
• Brings about a sense of security
My husband and I drink this each morning to give us a boost throughout our day.
Drinking 2-4oz each day helps to keep our energy level up and gives us all these extra