2. SCHS SWIM MEET!!!When: Saturday, October 29, 2011 at 8:05Where: Palo Alto Pool in San AntonioCome and Support the Samuel Clemens Swim Team! ☺
3. Come One, Come All!To Samuel Clemens Theatre Department’s performance of… Performances are November 3rd, 5th, and 7th at 7pm in Clemens Auditorium Tickets cost $5
4. YEARBOOK ANNOUNCEMENT:
5. Come join the fun at the 2 nd Annual 5K Buffalo Stampede Run/Walk! Saturday, November 19th -Find any Clemens Girls Soccer Athletes for participant forms!!
6. Washington and Lee University of Lexington, Virginia is visiting our area at The Witte Museum 3801 Broadway San Antonio, TX Monday, Nov. 7, 2011 7:00pm Admissions Counselors and W & L Alumni will give a short presentation and then answer questions concerning the UniversityInterested students and their parents are invited to attend.
7. The Texas Army National Guard will be in the Library on the 4th of November 2011 from 8:00a.m. to 1:15p.m to talk to Juniors and Seniors about:Becoming a Citizen SoldierServing Your CommunityBeing a part of a Proud HistoryGetting an edge on the Job MarketTuition AssistanceMontgomery GI Bill & GI Bill KickerEarning College Credit for Military Training
8. Come see Ms. Dean in room B112 Everyone should signup to help withour booth at the Boo-faloes Fall Festival this Saturday!
9. Veteran’s Day Ceremony Samuel Clemens High School will have a Veteran’s Day ceremony on November 10th at 9 A.M. in the Beard gym. Our student body, faculty and staff, ROTC department, and band members will honor all those who have served honorably in the military. We appreciate the bravery, sacrifices, and contributions to the United States national security.All Veterans, community members, parents, and students areinvited to attend. We ask that all visitors check into the office at least 10-15 minutes prior to attending this event.Missy SosaSamuel Clemens Principal
10. Please give a big congratulationsto Zenobia Winbush when you see her!
11. SCIENCEUIL SCIENCE will practice onTuesdays, after school from 4:00 –4:45 p.m. in S104, beginningNovember 1. Come work outyour BRAIN!
12. Seeking Artists for ***IMAGINE Café!***Come Share Your Talent!!! Sing! Play an Instrument! Readings: Poems or Prose! Dance! Dramatic Interpretation!Look for Registration forms in the hallways or @ Room E106 All who register by Wednesday afternoon receive free admission and one free beverage (need not pre-register to play– just no freebies…)
13. Come to Imagine Café in Costume!•You may bring a costume to wear during the Café ONLY in the library•Drop off your costume in a bag marked with your name to MizRaspino’s room E106 BEFORE school on Thursday.•Meet organizers in the library after school, take your costume to the nearby restrooms and change for the show.•No masks or face-covering makeup in the hallways at anytime•Keep costumes school appropriate– we wanna make a good impression!
14. Stop by room S108to pick up your order.
15. FFA MEETINGTUES. NOVEMBER 1STThis is our entry meeting! If you areshowing ANYTHING at the county show or major shows, you and a parent MUST be present!Tues. Nov. 1st 6:30 Ag Barn Portable
16. The Clemens National Honor Society will meet Thursday, Oct 27th before and after school in Room D-103(Chavez’s room) JUNIORS (Class of 2013), your invitationletters will be out this week. See website for list of eligible candidates. Also Seniors.
17. COOKIE SALE: A HALLWAY COME THROUGH COURT YARD THEN THETUNNEL, ENTER THROUGH THE DOORS BY THE NEW GYM (ROOM A109) THURSDAY: A & B LUNCH Chocolate Chip, M & M and Blueberry Muffins
18. Congratulations to the Clemens Girls Golf Team Winning their second team tournament of the year Leading the way wasDabin Moon placing second out of 126 golfers, shooting 83. Alicia Lehan placed 6th individially shooting 88. Megan Rhodes shot 89 and tied for 8th place. Brooke Edwards shot an even 100 and Lindsey Bass shot a 116.
19. HOSA•Thursday after school in room Q122
20. Blood Drive• Next blood drive is Tuesday Nov 1st.• Sign up table in indoor courtyard during both lunches.• If you signed up during the last drive come by and sign up again we have changed the time of the drive
21. Imagine Harvest Café “A Celebration of the Arts” See your friends perform!Thursday October 27 th 4:30-6:30 pmIn The Clemens Library
22. YEARBOOK ANNOUNCEMENT:
23. The University of Virginia Will host an evening information session on Wednesday, October 26 at 6:30pm at Austin Public Library-Old Quarry Branch 7051 Village Center Drive Austin, TX 78731Please RSVP if you will attend—come by the Counseling Office for more information!!
24. This past weekend the boys golf team participated in a match play golftournament at Landa Park in New Braunfels. Congratulations goes out to Billy Houston who scored a 51/2out of 6 pointswith his matches. He was the only participant to score this high out of 80 golfers. He won all his matches and tied the other. Also doing well scoring 4 out of a possible 6 was Richard Rubio. Rounding out the team was Joseph Jones getting 11/2 , Ralph Gomezscoring one point and David Peters playing well. Great job Boys Golf
25. New scholarship informationCheck out the College Bulletin.Samuel Clemens website .Go to the Counselors link formore information.
26. Attention all Boys and Girls in All Grade levels. We would like to offer you the opportunity to join the Samuel Clemens Bowling team!•Coach: Evan Johnson – Over 15 years Experience and an ex-PBA bowler.•Team Information: Contact 210-380-6097Come be a part of Samuel Clemens first year bowling team!
27. FCCLA SODAS $1.00 Root Beer Coke Sunkist Dr. Pepper SpriteEVERYDAY AFTERSCHOOL IN THE BUFFALO BIN
28.  Every Thursday morning, 7:45 – 8:30 Mrs. Mumme’s room, B211 You do not have to be a Christian or athlete to join us BRING FRIENDS! 
29.  We need your blood. Our next drive is Tuesday November 1st. Sign up during lunch in the indoor courtyard or in room Q122 Out of class passes may be picked up on Halloween (Monday October 31st) at the table in the indoor courtyard during lunch and Q122 before and after school.
30. CBN Design a backdrop for our anchor desk and win: •A guest appearance on CBN •A gift certificateGet copy of guidelines from the folder on the wall outside room A102. Contest is from October 11-28, 2011
31. Blood Drive• We need your blood.• Our next drive is Tuesday November 1st.• Sign up during lunch in the indoor courtyard or in room Q122• Out of class passes may be picked up on Halloween (Monday October 31st) at the table in the indoor courtyard during lunch and Q122 before and after school.
32. Freshmen play Thursday night against Lehman at Lehman High School. Game time: A team-5:30 p.m. JV plays against Lehman at home. Game time: 5:30 p.m. GO BUFFS!!!
33. The BUFFALOES take on Lehman at Shelton Stadium Friday night! Kick off is at 7:30 p.m. Adult : $6 Student: $3 All tickets are $7 at the gate.Tickets can be purchased at the Athletic Office Tuesday – Thursday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.,and Friday 8:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
34. CLEMENS UIL TEAMCURRENT EVENTS and SOCIAL STUDIES TEAMS MEET MONDAYS IN THE LIBRARY FROM 4 – 4:45 pm Join the Clemens HS Current EventsUIL Team and be the Best – Uncle Sam Wants You to Be a Winner. See Mr. Chavez in D–103 for more details
35. Thursday, October 27Orchestra concert Thursday night at Steele High School. It will feature students fromCorbett, Dobie, Clemens, and Steele.We are playing fall like tunes, starts at 7 pm. Free admission.