1. TRISTONE & TILE, INC., VAN NUYS, CA, 2006 - 2007 Renovation of existing 18,000sf industrial building near Van Nuys Airport. Tenant improvement for 4,000sf showroom and offices. Photos: John Drooyan
2. PRODUCTION OFFICE , LOS ANGELES, CA, 2008 - 2009 Renovation of existing 11,000sf industrial building in Hollywood. Tenant improvement for creative offices, chef's kitchen, and screening room. (Construction Photo)
3. SANTA MONICA ART STUDIOS, 2003 - 2004 (with Vilija Karalius) Renovation of existing 23,000sf hanger space near Santa Monica Airport. Tenant improvement for new artist studios and gallery. Photos: John Drooyan
4. 9551 WILSHIRE / ASCOT CHANG, BEVERLY HILLS, CA, 2000 - 2002 Renovation of traditional Spanish tiled building between Rodeo Drive and Camden Drive. Tenant improvement for new 1,250sf upscale men’s store. Photos: John Drooyan
5. 1301 DEL PASO BLVD., SACRAMENTO, CA, 2006 Urban mixed-use project with 30,000 sf creative offices. Two-story commercial over retail and parking garage.
6. HARVARD TOWNHOUSES, SANTA MONICA, CA, 1991 - 1993 Four 2,000sf townhouses over a subterranean garage. Each cubic unit is identified by a stair tower illuminated by skylights. The overall form is articulated with voids and color in the middle (loft) level. CCSARA Award 1996, LABC Award 1994, Photos: Suki Mendencevi
7. MONTANA TOWNHOUSES, SANTA MONICA, CA, 1999 - 2002 Six 2,000sf townhouses over a subterranean garage, located on a prominent Southern California avenue. The 150 feet frontage is treated as a series of layered planes, consisting of landscaping, walls, solids and voids.
8. VETERAN CONDOMINIUM , WESTWOOD, CA, 2001 Six 1,800sf single-level condominiums over two-level subterranean garage. Each floor consists of two units divided along the length of the property to take advantage of natural light.
9. ONE GLOBE AVENUE, SACRAMENTO, CA, 2006 (with Vilija Karalius) Urban mixed-use project with 112 one and two bedroom units. Four-story residential over retail and parking garage. Rendering: Sallie Tchang
10. ALLAN-RICE RESIDENCE, BEVERLY HILLS, CA, 2003 - 2005 Major remodel of an existing 6,000sf residence. Street and pool elevations are transformed with layered planes and columns. Custom interior design in partnership with master cabinet maker Jim Matranga. Photos: John Drooyan
11. GAUDET RESIDENCE, SANTA MONICA, CA , 2001 - 2002 Major remodel and 1,500sf addition to an existing 1,000sf residence. Interior walls are removed to create an open plan. A two-story addition to the rear consists of dining and family room with a bedroom and master suite above. Photos: John Drooyan
12. LEWIS RESIDENCE, SANTA MONICA, CA, 2000 - 2001 Major remodel and 1,300sf addition to an existing 940sf residence. Interior walls are removed to create an open plan. A two-story addition to the rear consists of two bedrooms and a master suite above. Photos: John Drooyan
13. CHUNG RESIDENCE, SANTA MONICA, CA , 1997 - 2003 Major remodel and 1,100sf addition to an existing 940sf residence. Circulation and public spaces are used to unify the old and new parts, creating an elongated courtyard house. Photo (top left & right): Benny Chan
14. BUSCEMI RESIDENCE, SUNSET PLAZA, CA, 1994 - 1995 Major remodel of an existing 3,000sf hill-side residence. Public spaces are opened to each other and to city view. A new staircase is inserted to create a vertical relationship between the living room and loft above. Photos: Alex Brown
15. TRADITIONAL RESIDENCES, 2003 - PRESENT Addition / remodel of existing residences in Santa Monica, Bel Air and Brentwood.
16. EAST-WEST RESIDENCE, ARCADIA, CA, 2000 New 6,000sf residence designed around an existing courtyard. A two story L-shaped structure consisting of six bedrooms, office, and entertainment spaces. Unique features include a circular stair entry and a sunken garden.
17. ADELAIDE DR RESIDENCE, SANTA MONICA, CA, 2004 Major remodel and 3,800sf addition to an existing 3,600sf residence. A covered gallery space is used to connect the main house and new guesthouse, creating a large courtyard with pool.
18. 26TH STREET RESIDENCE, SANTA MONICA, CA, 2002 Major remodel and addition to two existing residences on adjacent lots. A central courtyard and lap pool are created by removing one garage and the property line wall. A gym and a second floor master suite is added to the main house.