Innovation Session - Week One

  • 298 views
Uploaded on

We at LBi think that it’s important for us as an organisation to remove the fear factor when it comes to innovation. Lets believe in making mistakes without being penalized. If you knew that you could …

We at LBi think that it’s important for us as an organisation to remove the fear factor when it comes to innovation. Lets believe in making mistakes without being penalized. If you knew that you could be as free, and creative as you’d like, with no repercussions, it would create a more open, and therefore innovative atmosphere.

The important thing is, to create a culture that fosters innovation within the workplace.

Our innovation sessions are about coming together and talking about innovation around the world.

The topics for 07/04/11 are:

- The world-wide-web
- Social Check-ins
- Social Retailing

More in: Technology
  • Full Name Full Name Comment goes here.
    Are you sure you want to
    Your message goes here
    Be the first to comment
    Be the first to like this
No Downloads

Views

Total Views
298
On Slideshare
0
From Embeds
0
Number of Embeds
0

Actions

Shares
Downloads
9
Comments
0
Likes
0

Embeds 0

No embeds

Report content

Flagged as inappropriate Flag as inappropriate
Flag as inappropriate

Select your reason for flagging this presentation as inappropriate.

Cancel
    No notes for slide

Transcript

  • 1. Creative campfire07/04/11
  • 2. Tyler Durden’s 8 rules of innovation• No fear. No distractions. The ability to let that which does not matter truly slide.• “No fear! No distractions! The ability to let that which does not matter truly slide!• I say never be complete, I say stop being perfect, I say let’s evolve, let the chips fall where they may.• It’s only after we’ve lost everything that we’re free to do anything.• You’re not your job. You’re not how much money you have in the bank. You’re not the car you drive. You’re not the contents of your wallet. You’re not your fucking khakis.• People do it everyday, they talk to themselves… they see themselves as they’d like to be, they don’t have the courage you have, to just run with it.• Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken.• This is your life, and it’s ending one minute at a time.
  • 3. So...what does all of this mean for us?“Creativity and innovation are mainlyabout hard work. It’s about constantlycoming up with ideas and thinkingthrough problems instead of veggingout. And it’s about taking action, plainand simple.” Brian Clark, new media entrepreneur and co-founder of Lateral Action.
  • 4. The big 3’s for this month
  • 5. 1. The World-Wide-Web2.Social media check-ins3.Social retailing
  • 6. The World-Wide-Web
  • 7. What is the World Wide Web?The World Wide Web is like ahuge electronic magazine and toflick through each page, youwould require a browser - toinput an address.
  • 8. Top significant moments from the internet history
  • 9. How can we predictwhats coming next?
  • 10. Kevin Kelly on the next 5,000 days of the web
  • 11. In conclusion:Never stop believing in thepower of web. The possibilitiesare limitless.
  • 12. Social media check-ins
  • 13. Excuse me, but what is a check-in?Quite simply, making yourpresence and identity known toan establishment or businessupon entry.
  • 14. The check-in landscape
  • 15. Discounts for Checkins: Westfield Valley Fair
  • 16. Facebook Places Leader Boards: VisitBritain
  • 17. Citizen Journalism: Twitter at work
  • 18. Map your valentine
  • 19. Everyone loves free stuff
  • 20. Surprise me!
  • 21. In conclusion:Check-in is not about themedium, it’s about measuringinterest in a place.
  • 22. Social retailing
  • 23. Why social retailing?70% of purchasing decisions aremade inside the store.But what about the other 30%?
  • 24. Try it before you buy it
  • 25. Show me if it was really made for me
  • 26. Responding to a stressed mum on a budget
  • 27. If it’s tasty, I will talk about it
  • 28. In conclusion:Social retailing is only aboutintegrating e-commerce intosocial-media.
  • 29. Your opinion matters
  • 30. If you were to use the web forone single purpose, what wouldit be?
  • 31. Do you really care where yourfriend has checked-in?
  • 32. Would you use thetwitter-mirror if it was setup atHarvey Nichols in Dubai Mall?
  • 33. Kids, you got homework this weekend
  • 34. Yas Island wants to dosomething different thisRamadan.They want to make thisRamadan all about sharing.What would you do digitally tosupport this vision? Tell us in oneparagraph, not more.
  • 35. Thanks for listening. Stay creative.