Pennsylvania’s Institute forInstructional Coaching (PIIC)
• Annenberg Foundation• PDE • PDE fully endorses the PIIC Model for Coaching • Full funding last 4 years and plans to continuePartnership
• How Did PIIC Get Started?Let’s Start with History!
• Work to build teacher capacity as a means of increasing student engagement and improving student achievement• Stay current with PDE initiatives• Advocate one-on-one and small group support• Focus on collecting and analyzing data to identify needs and assess changes in instructional practice• Use evidence-based literacy practices and research-based instructional techniques• Support reflective and non-evaluative practicesGoals of PIIC?
LITERACY BECOMES THE INSTRUCTIONAL BASE• Connection with common core and correlation with the college and career readiness literacy skills. • Opportunity for a designated coach to be trained on research- based literacy strategies and bring back to share -- One-One and group support • Help teachers create motivated engaged and curious learners • Help teachers connect content in ALL subjects to the real world • Secondary Instructional Coaches Professional Network meetings held at the IU • IU PIIC Mentor to provide supportWhat Do You Receive?
September 25, 2012 Mohawk High School 9 a.m. – 2:15 p.m.Administrator/Coach LibraryProfessional DevelopmentNovember 20, 2012 Learning Walk 12 p.m.—3:00 p.m. Riverside BC High SchoolJanuary 15, 2013 BVIU 9:00 a.m.—1:30 p.m.February 14, 2013 BVIU 9:00 a.m.—1:30 p.m.April 16, 2013 BVIU 9:00 a.m.—1:30 p.m.May 14, 2013 BVIU 9:00 a.m.—1:30 p.m.Instructional Coaches ProfessionalNetworking Meetings—IU 27 Register Now!www.bviu.org/registration
September 25, 2012 Mohawk High School 9 a.m. – 2:15 p.m.Administrator/Coach LibraryProfessional DevelopmentAmy Walker will send 9:00 a.m.—1:30 p.m.the meeting dates to IU 4coaches. 9:00 a.m.—1:30 p.m. 9:00 a.m.—1:30 p.m. 9:00 a.m.—1:30 p.m. 9:00 a.m.—1:30 p.m.Instructional Coaches ProfessionalNetworking Meetings—IU 4 Register Now!/registration
• Collaboration with IU 27, IU 4 and others throughout the state• Model evidence-based literacy practices and instructional strategies• Face-to-Face and Skype Mentoring/Coaching• On-site Collaboration Visits• PIIC IU 27 Coaching Moodle• PIIC IU 4 Coaching WikiCoaching Collaboration
• Penn Literacy Network (PLN) • A research-based literacy framework for teaching and learning • Facilitator: Joe Ginotti-University of Pennsylvania • IU 4 and IU 27 • Mohawk High School • 5 Sessions • 4.5 graduate credit• PIIC Statewide Professional Learning Opportunities • Penn Stater Conference Center, State College • 3x a year • Participate in workshops and network with coaches and administrators across the state• Expenses covered through PIIC grant (excluding mileage)Additional Opportunities
• General Information about PIIC • http://piic.pacoaching.org/• PIIC Resource Guide • www.instituteforinstructionalcoaching.org• IU 27 PIIC Coaches Moodle • Enrollment Key – piic• IU 4 PIIC Coaches WikiResources
Contact: • Lori Ceremuga, IU 27 Instructional Technology Specialist, PIIC Mentor firstname.lastname@example.org (724) 774-7800 x3009 • Amy Walker, IU 4 PIIC Mentor email@example.com (724) 458-6700 ext.1216Thank You!
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.