7. Creating layers: alternatives Build your own layer service from scratch Build on top of community frameworks Use a hosted CMS service Engage a Layar Partner Network member
8. Creating layers – Layer service Open API with a single HTTP GET call GetPOIsRequest: HTTP request with URL encoded parameters: Latitude, Longitude, ﬁlter settings... GetPOIsResponse: JSON data containing POI information API documentation: http://layar.pbworks.com
11. PorPOISe Open Source Layar Point of Interest Server Created & maintained by Jens de Smit (now at Layar) BSD license Runs on standard PHP web server Supports points, 2D images, 3D objects, actions, animations Supports XML & database POI data sources Supports oAuth http://code.google.com/p/porpoise
12. augmentation.hoppala.eu •Hosted CMS •No coding •2D & 3D objects •Audio •Autotriggers •Actions •Free version •No bulk import •Beta usability
13. .com• Easy to use web based application for • Powerful animation conﬁguration creating AR • Support for actions including• Layer editor with real-time preview auto-triggered actions• Multiple format data importing (csv, • Automatic Layar browser version kml, georss & geojson) support• Automatic image transcoding with • Publish to Layar with a single click - no preview features programming or other developer• Image & 3D based marker support accounts required
14. • Import and export of (large) datasets,• Full Layar API integration,• Autogenerated mobile pages linked to each POI• Statistics on usage, location etc.• User roles (admin and editor)• Autotriggers• POI based on the user location (user based poi)• 2D and 3D,• Define publication dates (starting, ending or timeslot)• Realtime xml linking,• Etc.