1. DSH League MembersDC Salary Leagues are all free leagues. Hoops, Baseball, Football FAll members must be active and able to check into the league forumdaily.dMMembers must be able to make a long term commitment.Team names must have a location (city/state) and nickname e.g. NewYYork SpinnersAllA members must use AIM/Email regularly.Inactivity or tanking games is grounds for immediate removal, noquestions asked. Inactivity includes not signing into the forum, keepingup with your team in yahoo for any period of time, not usingAIM/returning emails, or not voting on league matters. Yahoo Settings116 or 12 teams (4 or 3 divisions)HHead to HeadHosted by Yahoo!HPlayoffs: Division winners advance but are seeded according to overallstandings: The winners of each division will advance to the playoffs andall other playoff teams will be determined by overall standings. Playoffseeds will be determined by overall standings regardless of divisionresults. StatisticsDSH: PTS, REB, AST, ST, TO, BLK, 3PTM, FG%, FT%
2. Team SalaryTeam Salary: At the beginning of each season, when free agency opens,all teams will be allotted their salary. All salary is accounted for and atno point will it be rounded up or down.DSH: $105 Million Rollover Salary: Any money remaining from the previous season can beused toward the next season.uDSH: T max a team can rollover into the next season is $20M. TheTeam Bonuses:TDSH: Division Champion $1M, Wild card $500k, and Finals Champadditional $2M.a T Team Fines:Illegal roster - $2M fine and $500k each day after.I Players Contracts & Salaries P About Contracts: All players must be under contract to play on a team.All contracts are guaranteed. Owners can assign the following contractlengths:lDSH: 1-5 years (RFAs - 6 years)CContract Length/Minimum Salary Scale (when signing free agents): Length of D DSH C Contract 1 year $ $1M
3. 2 years $ $1M per 3 years $ $3M per 4 years $ $4M per 5 years $ $5M per 6 years $ $25M per (RFA Only) M Max Salary $ $25M per Contract Buyouts and Voids CAbout Contract Buyouts: Teams can buyout players contracts before thetrade deadline. The team will pay 50% of the players Avg salary for allyears remaining and the player will go to free agency. After a seasoneends the next seasons buyout will be available to use immediately.Number of Buyouts per season:NDSH: 1 playerContract Buyout Eligibility: Players must be on the teams roster for a $minimum of 2 FULL match-ups to be eligible for a contract buyout.Buyouts cannot be used on the following players:
4. DSH: Age 38+ AContract Buyout Settlement: A team has the option of settling thecontract in a lump sum or if the player has more than one season left onhis contract the buy-out money can be distributed over the remainingseasons (50% off each season remaining). If money is owed (because ofAvg Salary) the team can distribute the money over any guaranteed yearsremaining. If any cash is credited it will come off the players remainingsalary.sNo set-off: If a players contract is bought out by a team, and the playeris signed through free agency, the player’s original team cannot set-offthe difference of contracts.tResigning: After a player has been released and a teams buyout wasused, the releasing team cannot bid on the player in free agency for 21days.dContract Voids: If a player retires or his contract is voided by his "real"team for any reason, an owner has the option to void the player’scontract within 14 days of the official retirement/void announcement.Once a player’s contract is voided the team no longer has any rights tothe player and the player is now a F/A. The releasing team cannot resignthe player in free agency for 90 days.tRetired Players Clause: Each years salary that is voided will be theplayers avg season salary and any remaining money will be owed. Thefollowing is a list of the number of years that can be voided for a playersage:aDSH229 and under - All yearsPPlayers 30-32 - 2 yearsPPlayers 33-37 - 1 yearPlayers 38+ - 0 years Contract Structuring C
5. About Structuring Contracts (Optional): When a team signs a contractthat is more than 1 year, team owners can structure the contract. Thecontract must ascend or descend. Consecutive seasons can have the samesalary amount. The way a contract is structured cannot change for anyreason.r25% Rule: The Max/Min from season to season in the contract cannot bemore than 25% of the Avg salary. If 25% of the Avg salary is less than $1M,$1M may be used.$Maximum and Minimum Salary: The salary per season cannot exceed theleague maximum salary. No salary can be less than the 1 year minimumini any of the structured years.Example: 5 years/$10M per ($50M total). Salary from year to year cannotbe more than a $2.5M increase or decrease (25% of $10M (Avg salary) =$2.5M). year-1:$6M, year-2:$7.5M, year-3:$10M, year-4:$12.5M,yyear-5:$12.5M. Team Options TTeam Options: Team Options can be offered when signing free agents. Ifa team does not pick up a players option the team will pay the player a$500k buyout and hell become an unrestricted free agent. Team Optionswillw not lengthen an original contract for RFA status or any other reason.Team Option Amounts: Option years will have a base salary using theplayers highest single season or Avg season salary (whichever is highest)plus an additional 25%. The 25% of salary will have a minimum of $1M andmaximum of $4M when adding to the players base salary.mBidding Options: When a team uses a team option -only- to outbid, thebuyout will increase $500k each time the team matches the bid with anooption on that free agent. Rosters - DSH C
6. Active and Inactive RosterActive: 12 man roster - PG SG SF PF C F G UTIL UTIL 3BN. A team musthave 12 players on their active roster, although can drop to 11 players uptot two weeks at a time.Inactive Reserve (IR): Teams can have up to 3 players inactive whethertheir NBA status is active, injured, or suspended. These players won’t beeligible during your weekly match-up and will count against your salarycap. Each Sunday by 11:59pm EST, owners must post on the forum anycchanges with their active/inactive players.Inactive Reserve ExceptionsInjured Player Exception: A team may activate an IR player during amatch-up if an active player gets injured. Injured players must have ared box next to their name in yahoo or have an injury report approved bythe President.tSuspended Player Exception: A team may activate an IR player during amatch-up if an active player gets suspended. The suspension must be 3 ormore games and not have been appealed by the player.mHardship Exception (Extra IR Spot): If a team with three injured playerson their IR (and a full 12-man yahoo roster) has a fourth player thatsuffers an injury, the team will be allowed to have a fourth player onthe IR. Once one of the players is no longer injured, the team must cutback to 15 players again. The TC will approve the Hardship Exception if ateam requests it.D-LeaguePlayers: DSH teams can have up to 2** players in the D-League.**SeeTrades Below.TEligibility: Only players that are in their first or second NBA season areeligible for the D-League.eSalary: All D-League players will use a team’s salary cap.
7. Assignment: In the off-season (up until 2 weeks before the first match-up) all teams must assign players to their D-League roster. This is theonly time players may be assigned to the 2 D-League roster spots.oCall-up: Once a player is called up from the D-League during the season,heh cannot be sent back down.**Trades: During the season if a player listed on the D-League Roster istraded, that player may remain listed on the new teams D-Leagueregardless if the new team has 2 players or not. Extra D-League playersdo not effect the 12-Man active roster. When submitting D-Leaguepplayers the following season, only 2 players can be assigned.Free Agent Deadline ExceptionFree Agent Deadline Exception: After the deadline, if a team has aplayer get injured the team can make a roster move to cover the injuredpplayer.TThe teams roster must have 12 active players.TThe IR must be full with 3 injured players.The player signed will use cap space and be signed to a 1 year/$1Mccontract.There will be no waiting period and the player can be addedimmediately.iNNo players need to be cut when using this exception.There is no limit to this exception as long as the team has enough capspace to cover all the players signed.OOnce the playoffs begin this exception cannot be used.The TC must approve the transaction. Free Agency FAbout Free Agency: There is no limit to how many free agents a teamcan sign as long as there is enough money to pay the player for all futureseasons. To sign a player, you must place a bid on the player you want toadd in the forum. The minimum bid is based on contract length (see"Contract Length/Minimum Salary Scale)". All other teams are free toplace a higher bid on that player. You can bid on free agents while your
8. roster is full, but you must make room once the bid is won. Players mustbeb listed in Yahoo! to be eligible for free agency.F/A Deadline: The Trade Deadline is also the free agent deadline. At12:00 AM EST after the deadline date, all bids will be final and awardedtto the last team to post a bid.Note: DSH has an exception for the deadline. See DSH Rosters/ FreeAgent Deadline Exception.APosting a Bid: When bidding, you must post the players name, team, andposition in the "Title of the topic". Post with length of contract, total ofcontract, contract structure, and if you’re offering a club option.cBidding on F/As: When bidding on a posted f/a, teams are allowed tobid a Max of 3 times per player. The original post or illegal bids do notcount as bids.cBidding Equal Years: Minimum of $1M more Avg salary per season. :Adding Years: When adding years to a contract the players avg salary perseason can drop up to (but not more than) 10%.sReducing Years: Teams can reduce a Max of 2 years off the current bid.Teams can match the current total contract with less years or use theffollowing formula:When reducing the current bid by 1 year, the players avg salary per yearmmust increase by 60%.When reducing the current bid by 2 years, the players avg salary per yearmust increase by 75%.mIllegal Bids: If a bid closes and the last bid is illegal, the team with thelast legal bid has the option to either take the player at the bid, or passon the player. If the team chooses to pass, that team cannot bid on theplayer for 21 days and the player becomes a free agent again.pMax Contracts: Max contracts are offers of a maximum length and salary(containing no team options) to a player. If more than one team bids aMax contract, the team with the worst record is awarded the player. Inthe off-season and first 3 match-ups of a season, preference isdetermined using the previous years standings.dAdding a Team Option: (DSH) If a team has posted a bid with no team
9. option, another team may bid the same contract with a team optionadded. When doing so the team options buyout will increase $500K eachtime this happens.tExample: Team A bids 1y/$1M. Team B bids 1y/$1M w/opt. Because theteam bid the same contract and only added the option, the buyout willbe $1M (The initial $500k plus an additional $500k). If Team A bids 2y/$1M per and Team B bids again with 2y/$1M per w/option, the buyoutwill be $1.5M (The initial $500k plus an additional $1M for matching thecontract twice with team options added).cWinning a Bid: In order to win a bid a team must remain the highestbidder for 24 hours. Once a bid is won the team is responsible for thatplayer’s contract (No exception). Teams can wait up to 72 hours ifnneeded after a bid is won to make room for the player. Waivers & Outright Release Waivers WWaiversWWaivers: Teams can place players on waivers up until the trade deadline.When a player is on waivers he must stay there a minimum of 48 hours.The player will use a roster spot and cannot be traded during this time.TPlayer is Claimed: If a team claims a player off waivers, the waivingtteam may choose one of the following:arrange a trade with the new team for that player within 48 hours of thecclaimdo nothing and allow the claiming team to assume the players existingccontractrescind the request and keep the player on the active roster for 2 fullmatch-ups, effectively canceling the waivermNote: If a player is claimed and the option to rescind is used, this optiontot rescind may not be used again for that player in that season.Multiple Claims: If more than one team claims a player, the team withthe worst record at that time will get preference. In the off-season andfirst 3 weeks of the season, preference is determined using the previousyears standings.
10. Player is NOT Claimed: If a player is not claimed after 48 hours, ownerscan pull the player back off waivers or release the player.cTrade/Waiver Rule: If a team trades a player and the player issubsequently waived by the new team, the players past team will not bepermitted to sign the player to a new contract (or claim him off ofwaivers) until at least 21 days have passed following the date the tradewas made (or 14 days for trades that occur during the off-season).Outright Release WaiversOutright Release Waivers: When a player is listed on "Outright ReleaseWaivers", the player will NOT use a roster spot. The option to rescindcannot be used, the player cannot be traded, and if not claimed within448 hours the player is automatically released. Releasing Players RReleasing Waived Players: If no team claims a player from waivers theplayer has "cleared waivers" and the team may release him. The playerscontract still continues to be included in the teams payroll.cRight to Set-Off: If a team signs a player who is still under contract (aslong as the player cleared waivers and was released), the players originalteam is allowed to reduce the amount of money they still owe the playerby the right of set-off. The original team gets to set off the differencebetween the players new salary and the player’s old salary minus a 1ttime transaction fee.Transaction Fees:TDSH: $$500k1 year/$1M: If you are releasing a player who has a 1 year contract for$1M, releasing will cost $250k. No money will be set off if another teamsigns this player. After the trade deadline, all 1year/$1M will be releasedat full price.y
11. Trading TAbout Trades: All trades must be posted on the forum and accepted byboth owners. Owners can trade players, draft picks, and cash.bDeadline: The Trade Deadline will be set to the yahoo default. Subjecttot change.Deadline Extension: If teams are working a deal and notify the Presidentbefore the deadline, an extension for the teams involved to complete thedeal may be granted.dTrading Cash: Cash cannot be traded in any season but the current one.Teams are allowed to pay on players contracts in all future seasons.TTrade Review: All trades will be reviewed and approved/vetoed by theTC. Off-Season TransactionsOOff-Season order of transactions:After the season ends players under contract, cash, and eligible draftpicks can be traded.pOffer all team options on players ( DSH )RRookie DraftTTeams must cut to salary limitRRFA offers are submittedFFree Agency opens for all playersTeams must sign or renounce their draft picksTD-League players are assigned (DSH)-2 weeks before the 1st match-up )TTeams must cut to roster limit (2 weeks before the 1st match-up)Season beginsSOff-Season Roster: In the off-season, each team can have an unlimitedamount of players on their team. Before the start of the season, teamsa
12. wwill be required to cut to the required roster size.Off-Season Salary: Salary will not be used in the off-season. Teams cango over the salary cap, but must cut back to the cap amount by a datesset by the league (right before free agency opens). Restricted Free Agents RAbout Free Agents: There are two types of free agents, unrestricted andrestricted. An unrestricted free agent is free to sign with any team andtheres nothing the players original team can do to prevent it. Restrictedfree agency gives the players original team the right to keep the playerbyb matching an offer from another team.Restricted Free Agent Eligibility (Veterans): )DDSHCCompleted a 3-6 year Pro contract (not including options).SSpent a minimum of 2 full consecutive seasons with the current team.NNever been listed on waivers.Had any club options picked up.HDSH Exceptions: EAfter 10/11 Season Exception: Any player finishing a 2 year contract,must not have been waived in his second year, and spent the full 10/11season on the matching team.sRestricted Free Agent Eligibility (Drafted Rookies): After a player hascompleted a rookie contract (all options offered), the player will becomea free agent.DSH: For players to be eligible they must: Spend a minimum of 2consecutive full seasons with the current team, never been listed onwaivers, and used all t team options.Submitting Offers: Teams must make their eligible restricted free agentsan offer if they want matching rights. Offers must be a minimum of 2years (not including option years), follow the contract minimum scale,and cannot be less than 50% of the past contracts Avg salary.
13. Submitting Maximum Offers: A maximum offer is for the Max years atthe maximum salary and contains no options. If a team offers one oftheir RFA’s a maximum contract the player will not see free agency andthe max contract becomes official (one of the RFA matches is still used).Max Offers for each league:MDSH: 6 years/$25M per for RFAs. 5 years/$25M per for UFAs.Bidding on RFAs: When a team wants to sign another teams restrictedfree agent, the team must make a higher offer than the original team.The offer must be a minimum of 3 years (not including option years).After a bid closes on a player (24 hours), the team with the restrictedfree agent has 48 hours to match the offer. If the players original teamdoes not exercise its matching rights within 48 hours, the offer becomesana official contract with the new team.RFA Matches: Each team can match on the maximum amount of players(per off-season) listed below. When matching, teams can post a re-structure of the salary. The total contract, years, and any options muststay the same. After a team has matched, the players cannot be releasedoro traded until after the date listed below.DSH: 2 players - Jan. 1Off-Season Max Contract Priority List: If more than 1 team offers a maxcontract to a RFA or UFA (and the players original team does not matchfor RFAs), the teams will refer to the "Off-Season Max Contract PriorityList". The list will be based on the past seasons standings. Once a teamsigns a Max contract, the team will go the bottom of the list. If a teamwith matching rights matches on a RFA with a Max contract, that teamwill go to the end of the list. If a team offers one of their RFAs a maxcontract on the original offer sheet, the team will stay at their positionoon the priority list. Sign and Trade - DSHa
14. About Sign and Trades: Once a RFAs bid is final, teams have 48 hours tomatch the bid. In this period a team can arrange to trade the RFA to theteam with the highest bid. Trades must be posted within 48 hours of thebid closing and the TC will make an approve/veto decision ASAP or within242 hours.Sign and Trade Usage: Each off-season, each team can be involved in 1sign and trade. Sign and trades will use 1 RFA match from all teamsinvolved in the trade.iMax Cash: There will be a Max of $6M in cash allowed in sign and trades.Trade Veto: If the trade is not approved by the TC, the last highest offerbecomes an official contract with the new team. Rookie Draft - DSH DAbout the Draft: After the NBA has their draft, DSH will have a 2 roundrookie draft. Owners can only draft players that were selected in theactual NBA rookie draft. All teams are required to make their picks inbboth rounds.LLottery Draft Order:The DSH 8 non-playoff teams will be assigned with the NBA’s bottom 8teams by matching up the records from worst to best. The lotteryprocess determines the first three picks of the draft. The rest of thefirst-round draft order is in reverse order of the teams win-loss record.T DThe lottery does not determine the draft order in the second round.If a 9th-16th place NBA team wins a lottery pick 1-3, the pick will beskipped and we will start the reverse order of standing 1 pick earlier.E.g. NBA first pick to the 12th place team (we will skip), NBA second pickto the 4th from last place team (our 4th from last gets 1st), and NBA 2nd
15. from last place gets the 3rd pick(our 2nd from last gets 2nd pick), andtthen we begin reverse order at 3rd from last.In the event a lottery pick is traded to another team, the record of theoriginal team (whose pick it was before the trade) still determineseligibility for the lottery, and assignment of chances.eTrading picks: Draft picks can be traded up to 2 years ahead of thecurrent season. Trading is permitted during the draft and all trades willbeb approved by the TC.Pick Limit: The President will set an appropriate time limit for picks. If ateam goes past the pick limit, the team will be given the highest draftedpplayer from the NBA draft.RRookie Salaries:11st pick- $4M22nd-4th picks- $3M55th-8th picks- $2M99th-24th picks- $1MRRookie Contracts:TThe first 2 years are guaranteed.33rd year team option with 10% increase.4th4 year team option with 25% increase over 3rd year salaryTeam Options: The option for the player’s third Season must beexercised during a period from the day following the last day of the firstSeason until October 31 12pm est. The Option for the player’s fourthSeason must be exercised during the period from the day following thelast day of the second Season until October 31 12pm est.lRenouncing Picks: After the draft and up until 2 weeks before the firstmatch-up any drafted players can be renounced. The player will becomeand unrestricted free agent and can be signed to the league minimum.The team that drafted and renounced the player cannot sign the playerin free agency until after the following season is over.