clariﬁes the instructional problem and objectives
current state of learner and learning environment
• Who are the learners and what are their
• What is the desired new behavior/learning
• What constraints exist?
• What are the delivery options?
• What are the pedagogical considerations?
• What is the timeline for project completion?
learning objectives, assessment instruments, exercises,
content, subject matter analysis, planning, and media selection
• Document the instructional, visual, and technical
• Apply instructional strategies
• Design the user interface and user experience
• Create a prototype
• Apply visual design
create and assemble content assets blueprinted in the
• Create storyboards and graphics.
• Develop or integrate technologies.
• Testers debug materials and procedures.
• The project is reviewed and revised according to
develops procedures for training facilitators and learners
informally and/or formally assess learning (particularly
with respect to learning outcomes)