TECH + DIGITAL NEWS
1. Google+ Growth
• Google+ hit 300 million active users.
– Users upload 1.5 billion photos a week
– 18 new features added to Google+
2. BBM app for iOS and Droid
• BlackBerry launched BBM app for iOS and
– Downloaded 10 million times in first 24 hours
and growth is expected to continue
3. Steve Jobs historic site
• Steve Jobs’ house where he started Apple
Computer was designated a historic site
4. Real-life Instagrammers
• An artist is turning photographers into
photos of real-life Instagrammers on his
5. Facebook prediction
• Facebook can predict when your
relationship won’t last due to the degree in
which a couple’s mutual friends are not
connected to each other.
6. Instagram Sponsored Content
• Instagram rolled out sponsored photos and
videos. Users have the ability to hide ads in
order to provide feedback for a “better
7. Google Glass Redesign
• Google released images of new Google
Glass redesigns with an optional earbud.
8. Blend app for college students
• New Blend app hopes to be like the original
Facebook. You’re required to have a .edu
email address to sign up and are kicked off
the network when you graduate.
9. Amazon Kindle MatchBook
• Amazon officially launched Kindle
MatchBook where you can bundle print
books with discounted e-books.
10. Updated Twitter Feed
• Twitter launched a more visual, richer
Twitter for web stream with videos and
images. You can also see trends in