TARGET AUDIENCEDescription of our target audience
TARGET AUDIENCE A target audience is the group of people that we aim our product at To find a detailed description of our target audience we looked at answering these six questions:
1. WHO ARE OUR TARGET AUDIENCE Our target audience are the people that our finished product is going to be aimed at. The target audience are going to be people that are around the ages of 13- late 20’s so probably more teenagers then anything else. We decided to aim our music video at this kind of age group and type of people as this would be the category we would fit into and therefore it is easy for us to see what needs and wants need to be met.
2. WHAT AGE ? The age of our target audience will be people aged from 13 to late 20s’s Teenage years.
3. WHAT GENDER? We intend on making the music video suitable for both genders. As the video involves both female and male actors. We also based the video around a subject “relationships” that can be related to by males and females therefore the music video can apply to both genders.
4. WHAT OCCUPATION? The target audience we based our music video around will most likely be either students at colleges or unis or either working at full time or part time jobs.
5. WHAT SOCIAL CLASS? We think our video is aimed at all social classes as the video is based around a topic that can be related to by anyone. It also involves actors from a middle class background and is a low budget film.
6. WHAT OTHER INTERESTS WILL THEY HAVE? our target audience will most likely have an interest in music channels as this is predominantly where they will watch music videos. They may also have an interest in internet sites such as facebook and YouTube as our target audience are young as well as the fact that these social networking sites is where most videos are spread and shared normally by the audience theory of 2 step flow. 2 step flow is when one person watches a piece of media and then talks about it with a second person and the second person then goes on to watch the piece of media.
OTHER AUDIENCE THEORIES WE HAVELOOKED AT We also looked at the 2 other audience theories: The Uses and gratifications theory and the hypodermic syringe theory. The uses and gratifications is how we use the media and the hypodermic syringe is the effect that the media has on us first hand.