1. Annie took perspective and asked Caleb to quit being mean towards
Jeremy, when he kept giving harsh comments and openly
commented that he did not want to be in the same group as Jeremy
2. Caleb ridicule his family financial status by giving sarcastic remarks
towards Jeremy as he may be feeling bitter about Jeremy family
background, as his family is quite well to do and he does not have to
work unlike Caleb.
3. The comments about Jeremy continued openly which could make
him feel out of place from the rest
4. Caleb kept making hurtful remarks about Jeremy being stupid and
dumb while they were doing the group activity, shows that Caleb
has something against Jeremy.
5. Caleb does not seem to like Jeremy very much as he did not want to be in the
same group as Jeremy.
6. Jeremy's lack of belongingness as part of the class will cause him to feel that he
is not accepted by his classmates. This will also make him feel out of place and
uncomfortable. He may also feel that nobody in class likes him and is against
him. The fact that he has also grown used to being alone, shows that he does not
have any friends in school for quite some time.
7. Jeremy also made no effort in trying to form a group during group activity as he
may fear rejection from his classmates, since he does not feel that he is accepted
8. In addition, he also remain not participative during the group activity. His lack of
participation may be because he was group in the same team as Caleb who is
very hostile towards him and kept giving him awful remarks about him being
stupid. He may also be afraid that he would give the wrong answers and did not
want to draw unnecessary attention to himself.
9. Jeremy may developed low confidence and low sense of self because of the
way his friends have treat him.
10.The class lacks cohesion as they were still trying to get into groups after 10
11. The teacher place Jeremy in the same group as Caleb, despite knowing that
Caleb keeps picking on Jeremy. which will result in Caleb lowering his self
esteem by ridiculing him.
12. Jeremy feels stupid, which shows that he has low self esteem, and is
beginning to doubt his abilities academically.
13. Jeremy may be feeling ashamed of himself for giving the wrong answers,
therefore he looked down. The shame and self doubt that he felt resulted in
him refusing to participate in the class activity.