1) In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge conventions of real media products?a. Film posterb. Film magazine coverc. Film trailer 2) How effective is the combination of your main product and ancillary texts? 3) What have you learned from your audience feedback? The three questions
1. When I was researching horror film posters to do with zombies and such I realised that they usually had white backgrounds, this lead me to use a white background when making mine. I think this is used to create a surgical/hospital effect of cleanliness. As most zombie films are based around an injection having severe side effects. Here are a few examples of posters compared to mine. A)
1. Main conventions of a horror movie poster is that it contains a large image usually to the centre, a large text for the title usually edited and bold so it stand out. Short snappy tagline that is easy to remember. Red and black writing.My poster challenges the normal conventions as it uses both large text and small text for the title. The tagline is slightly longer then normal but still memorable. Instead of having a picture in the centre of the page I have placed it slightly to the left of the page besides the title. I decided to use red, black and grey writing. The next slide shows the differences I have pointed out.
1. Main image slightly to the left Small text Large text Longer tagline
1. My cover doesn't really challenge the main conventions of a magazine as it follows the picture in the middle surrounded by text. I decided not to dramatically challenge the conventions of a cover as I wanted it to look real. I did simple things such as change the position of the barcode, price and date. B)
1. In my trailer we made some differences such as not including a happy scene, however we still used blackouts, music, fast paces clips, long clips, release date. C) These are the blackouts we used in-between scenes. These are clips from the news reporter, we decided to use banners to make it look more realistic, as real news reports use them. These are examples of our long clips.
1. Much like the trailer for dawn of the dead we included a news presenter in ours. Dawn of the dead trailer The Cure trailer
2. My main product and ancillary texts work together well as I have used the same style throughout, examples of this are the same colours and characters. By doing this I have made it easy for them to be related with each other. Also on both ancillary products I used the same type of layout by using a white background and simple clear text. All 3 products promote each other which is the main point of each product. The same colour scheme red, white and black. The same character used within the trailer and on magazine cover.
3. So I could get a wide response of feedback on my products, I used the questionnaire website called formsite.com After I collected some feedback I put the answers into suitable graphs and charts which display it clearly. This is the link to my questionaire: http://fs6.formsite.com/LauraColeman/form967169879/index.html