The three questions <ul><li>1) In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge conventions of real media products? a. Film poster b. Film magazine cover c. Film trailer </li></ul><ul><li>2) How effective is the combination of your main product and ancillary texts? </li></ul><ul><li>3) What have you learned from your audience feedback? </li></ul>
1. When i was researching horror film posters to do with zombies and such i realised that they usually had white backgrounds, this lead me to use a white background when making mine. I think this is used to create a surgical/hospital effect of cleanliness. As most zombie films are based around an injection having severe side effects. Here are a few examples of posters compared to mine. (INSERT PICTURE OF THE CURE, AMERICAN ZOMBIE AND 28 DAYS LATER)
1. Main conventions of a horror movie poster is that it contains a large image usually to the center, a large text for the title usually edited and bold so it stand out. Short snappy tagline that is easy to remember. Red and black writing. My poster challenges the normal conventions as it uses both large text and small text for the title. The tagline is slightly longer then normal but still remeberal. Instead of having a picture in the center of tha page i have placed it slightly to the left of the page besides the title. I decided to use red, black and grey writing. (INSERT PICTURE OF MY POSTER SHOWING THE DIFFERENCES)
1. My cover doesn't really challenge the main conventions of a magazine as it follows the picture in the middle surrounded by text. I decided not to dramatically challenge the conventions of a cover as i wanted it to look real. I did simple things such as change the position of the barcode, price and date. (INSERT COMPARRISON OF THE CURE MAGAZINE COVER AND EXISTING MAGAZINE COVER)
1. In my trailer we made some differences such as not including a happy scene, however we still used blackouts, music, fast paces clips, long clips,release date. (EXAMPLES OF EACH)
1. Much like the trailer for 28 days later we included a newspresenter in ours. (EXAMPLE OF THAT SECTION OF BOTH TRAILERS)
2. My main product and ancillary texts work together well as i have used the same style throughout, examples are the colours and characters. By doing this i have made it easy for them to be related with eachother. Also on both ancillary products i used the same type of layout by using a white background and simple clear text. All 3 products promote eachother which is the main point of each product.