• Auxiliary views are used to produce views that show what four items?
• Auxiliary views are used to produce views that show what four items? • True length of line • Point view of line • Edge view of plane • True size of plane
• Define a primary auxiliary view
• Define a primary auxiliary view • A primary auxiliary view is projected onto a plane that is perpendicular to one of the principal planes of projection and is inclined to the other two.
• Define secondary auxiliary view
• Define secondary auxiliary view • A secondary auxiliary view is projected from a primary auxiliary view onto a plane that is inclined to all three principal projection planes.
How do you show the true length of aline?
How do you show the true length of a line?• To show a line true length, make the fold line parallel to the line you want to show true length in the auxiliary view. Whenever a line is parallel to the fold line between two views, it will be true length in the adjacent view.
How do you show the true size and shape of a plane?
How do you show the true size and shape of a plane?• Showing the true size of a surface continues from the method presented for showing inclined surfaces true size, where the edge view is already given. But to show an oblique surface true size, you need first to show the oblique surface on edge and then construct a second auxiliary view to show it true size.