This presentation has been made for you by FRANCISCO GUIJARRO BELDA From Isaac Albéniz Secondary School Leganés. Madrid. Spain.
1) In order to draw a head, we are going to begin with an oval with a vertical straight line in the middle.
2) Break down the oval into three equal parts by the means of two horizontal lines.
3) Draw two arches for the eyebrows, just to locate them.
4) Remember, in order to draw the nose, you will use a triangle and a circle inside.
5) We follow the scheme explained above to draw the nose:
6) Keep in mind that the ears must be between the two lines that we drew from the eyebrows and the tip of the nose:
7) Draw the nostrils so that they remind us of the letter m.
8) Get rid of the triangle and part of the circle so that, you will have finished your nose.
9) Draw a new line for the lips just in the upper side of the lowest division of your portrait. The shape of this line might remind us again of the letter m.
10) Finish the lips by drawing the lower part of them. Don´t forget that the lower lip never touches the upper lip.
11) Draw the eyes trying to match them with the lines that come up from the nostrils (in dots, in the image).
12) Add some hair to him (or her, it is up to you)….RIGHT NOW!!!
13) Define your sitter ´s face slightly better and you will have almost finished.
14) Add some more hair and details to the ears. Of course, your head needs a neck. Keep in mind that the neck should be an extension of the face. Don´t draw a thin neck. Also, dressing up your portrait would be a good idea.