The calendar below is a beginning point. It can be improved and tweaked to fit each congregation and cluster of churches who
choose to work together to reach their common communities.
Jan. – Mar. Apr. - June July – Sept. Oct. – Dec.
Jan. – Mar.
- Commitment Day
in local churches
Supplication Prayer Begins –
prayer guide such
as “Seek God for
the City 2009” 1
Prayer continues: Prayer continues:
- Prayer Walk
Scripture Group study of
“Witness to the
Start a Read
through the Bible
Sharing Feb. 4 Engage
Conf. – FBC
Church Conf. with
- Summer outreach
- Salt & Light to the
John Burke Conf.
at FBC Bmt.2
Don Cass provide
Feb. 4 Engage
1. Seek God for the City is a 40 day prayer plan focusing on our communities. It is dated to begin on February 25 and end on Palm
Sunday. It is published by Waymakers out of Austin and is discounted if bought in bulk.
2. John Burke is pastor of the Gateway Church in Austin. http://www.gatewaychurch.com/
3. Witness to the World is a revised edition of Oscar Thopson’s classic Concentric circles of concern. It is available fro LifeWay.
4. Eric was originally scheduled to do the Externally Focused Church Conference with us last fall but was pre-empted by hurricane
Ike (along with many other things). Exact date TBD.
5. Congregations demonstrate compassion for the world through support of efforts to alleviate hunger, disease, and other global needs
through giving and hand-on mission projects.