2. When learning the system use the beta website on Family Search or the sandbox as it becomes available. Sign in with your LDS account. Look for the red rectangle in Family Tree to make sure you are on the beta website.
3. The Beta websitecan be played withand used withoutchanging the livesystem.
4. Click on name to viewSummary card.Click on View Person toshow detail screen.
5. Click on [Open] to viewVital Information
6. Click on any light blue text to edit.Click on birth date toopen edit box
7. Click on [Edit]
8. Event and Reason fields appear.
9. Enter information and reason.Click on [Save].
10. To view changes made to Birthclick on [History]
11. Shows recent changes for Birth. Click on [Go Back] to return to Detail screen.Option: Click on [Restore] to goto previous birth event.
12. To view contact information clickon modifier’s name. Close Event edit box
13. Click on [Add] to addChristening information
14. Type in Event and Reasonfields, click on [Save].
15. Christening added.Click [Close].
16. Close VitalInformation Open Other Information
17. Click on [Open Details] to viewName or Event edit boxes.
18. To delete wrong information, click on [Delete].
19. Type in reason, click on [Delete].
20. Name deleted. To view change, clickon [Alternate Name Removed].
21. Shows recent changes for Alternate Name. Click on [Go Back] to return to Detail screen.Option: Click on [Restore] to goto previous Name event.
22. Click on [Close Details].
23. Click [Add] to choosename or event and addinformation.
24. Fill in eventfields andreason andclick on [Save].
25. Closeedit box
26. Information is addedand shows in LatestChanges
27. Making changes in Family Tree is easy in this user friendly program. Keep a record of your proofs or sources in a personal pedigree program on your home computer. Remember common ancestors are open to be edited by anyone so Reasons are important! State them clearly – have proof!