Depth of Knowledge Bloom’s Taxonomy does not adequate describe the depth of knowledge students have on a subject. Norman Webb has developed a Depth of Knowledge chart. Depth of knowledge is an essential component of 21st century skills.
Reading ✦ Discuss what Dean Shareski’s quote: “Blogging is about writing, but it begins with reading.” means. ✦ How can you make reading other blogs part of your routine and a habit? ✦ Describe recommendable characteristics of blogs you enjoy reading? ✦ Recommend a blog you read regularly (or are planning to read), explain why another educator would benefit from subscribing to that blog. ✦ Create a Google Reader account and subscribe at least to five blogs.
2-Writing= Teacher ✦ Read Karl Fish’s post Just Write Poorly. In Public. Every Day and discuss what he means by “writing poorly in public”.- http://thefischbowl.blogspot.com/2011/09/just-write-poorly.html ✦ Do you agree that a teacher should be blogging first BEFORE attempting to blog with his/her students? ✦ How can we teach/coach/facilitate blogging and hence writing, if we have not gone through the process ourselves? ✦ What is the most important advice you would give a teacher to start blogging/writing? ✦ Create a blog for yourself on WordPress.com , Edublogs, Blogger or Posterous and write your fi rst post.
1. Learning About Blogging FOR your Students
9. Google Docs
10. Life Long Self-Directed Learners
11. The illiterate of the 21st Century, will not be the ones who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn and relearn. Alvin Toffler
13. Gardner’s Multiple Intelligences
15. Webb’s Four Levels of Depth of Knowledge Level 2 Skills & Concepts Level 1 Recall & Reproduction Level 3 Strategic Thinking Level 4 Extended Thinking
17. Learning About Blogging FOR your Students
18. Blogging is a Journey
19. Yarn Blogging?
21. “ Blogging is About Writing, but it begins with Reading...” Dean Shareski
22. “ Just Write Poorly. In Public Every Day” Karl Fisch