This resource is intended to be openly shared. Please feel free to pass and add to it as you like. www.workbookproject.com
Using SOCIAL MEDIA to
extend your story and create a conversation
BLOGS, TWITTER, FLICKR, SOCIAL
BOOKMARKING, SOCIAL NETWORKING,
To Mobilize: creating opportunities for people to get involved
To Extend: story, characters, themes, experiences
Feature Film Series
This slide was produced by @alexjohnson_
MAD MEN extends its story, characters and social reach.
MOCK AD AGE
PERIOD DRESSED FLASH MOBS /
ENTERTAINMENT BUSINESS CARDS RESULTS:
EARLY ADOPTER WOM
Rise in viewing
To Discuss: topics, social change, themes, stories, and characters
FINDING A VOICE
There are many ways to start a conversation
Behind the Scenes
Story voices - Team Members share process
- Characters - Documenting BTS of your project
- Narrator Your own voice
- Sharing interests
- Sharing creative process
It’s about being comfortable and consistent
THE VALUE of building a social media
framework around your project & yourself.
1. A chance for feedback and discussion
2. An opportunity to build an audience around one’s
work that can travel beyond a single project
3. A creative outlet
How to determine what’s best for your project?
1. Time requirements
2. What outlets and accounts make sense
3. How to staff for it
4. Reducing time but increasing value
Building an audience for your future
1. Consider your own audience habits - what attracts your attention?
2. Who is your audience and why will they care?
3. Spend time thinking like your audience
4. Create a two-way conversation
5. Be prepared to spend time responding
6. Build trust
7. Think of your audience as collaborators
8. Have a clear call to action
9. Reward and Respect the audience
10. The audience can not be controlled
11. Some tools aren't for everyone
12. Creating accounts won't build the audience for you
13. Being willing to experiment
14. Share your ﬁndings openly with other ﬁlmmakers
6 TOOLS & SERVICES to get you started
For more on visit WorkBookProject.com
Prepared by @lanceweiler
Special thanks to @alexjohnson_
Comments, questions or additions please contact us at
Gostou de algum slide específico?
Recortar slides é uma maneira fácil de colecionar informações para acessar mais tarde.