8. Multiculturalism <ul><li>Very ethnically diverse! </li></ul><ul><li>51% of Vancouver’s population and 46.9% of Toronto’s population were visible minorities. </li></ul><ul><li>Virtually 1 in 5 Canadians (19.8%) are foreign born. (survey in 2007) </li></ul>
9. Question #3 <ul><li>What are some Canadian sports? </li></ul>
10. Canadian Sports Lacrosse Official Summer Sport Ice Hockey Official Winter Sport
11. Canadian Sports Skiing Snowboarding Curling
12. Did you know…? <ul><ul><li>Basketball was invented of by James Naismith, who was Canadian. </li></ul></ul>
13. True or False?! <ul><li>Canadians live in igloos. </li></ul>
14. Whistler Hosting 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympic and Paralympics games
15. Stanley Park Must-See place in Vancouver 404.9 hectare (1,000 acre) urban park Attracts an estimated eight million visitors every year.
16. Rocky Mountains Major mountain range in western North America Stretch from the northernmost part of British Columbia, in Canada, to New Mexico, in the United States.
17. West Edmonton Mall - The largest shopping mall in North America and the fifth largest in the world - Over 800 stores and services
18. CN Tower A communications and observation tower standing 553.33 metres tall in Downtown Toronto, Ontario. One of the modern Seven Wonders of the World by the American Society of Civil Engineers The world's second tallest self-supporting tower