Packages include EndNote, RefWorks, Zotero, Mendeley and a whole raft more.
Blank page for you to fill, by exporting from databases, adding references manually, as I have…
As you can see, it looks similar to MS Word & offers various ways to perform a task – menus, toolbars, icons.
Click on an entry to edit it
DOI field – useful for PDFs
You can also add own notes to individual references – Research Notes field.
You can organise references into groups manually or set up smart groups to sort automatically.
Works with EndNote tab in MS Word.Add citation …
…reference comes too.Various output styles inc. partial custom style for UWS HarvardSetup so 10 commonly used item types correspond to CoRE requirements.Why? EndNote does your referencing for you!
But EndNote designed for print based resources – UWS uses wide variety of source types.LTAB decision Harvard is preferred style.Newspaper entry above has no author so citation editing required – guidance needed.
Developed from HNM guidance & adapted to meet needs of all staff and students. Includes wider range of examples & consistent approach.Library responsibility according to LTAB supported referencing policy.Exceptions – Psychology (APA)/ Law (OSCOLA)/ Baptist College (Chicago?).
General introduction to referencingLayouts for citations and referencing listsInstructions for dealing with general issues.PDFs on website.
Templates for references for various item types
Required elements may vary but same format throughout
Using Endnote with UWS Referencing Guidelines - Margo Stewart (Subject Librarian)
Using EndNote & UWS
HINT 25th October 2013
Library Referencing Group
• Doing research?
• Got large number of references?
• Using bibliographic databases & e-books?
• Want to import records with a few clicks?
• Want to store & organise all your references in one place?
• Are you preparing articles for publication?
• Want to generate bibliographies in different formats?
• EndNote – university preference
• On student PCs
• ICT Helpdesk to install on staff PCs/ laptops
• Moodle, MyUWSLibrary, Referencing
• Download instructions & user guide