View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!Introducing SlideShare for AndroidExplore all your favorite topics in the SlideShare appGet the SlideShare app to Save for Later — even offline
View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new Android app!View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!
Building Flash-based websites using Flex
Lesson 5 – Events
● Event listening and handling
● Mouse and Keyboard events
● Other events
Event Listening and Handling
● Rich user interactions is a significant component of RIA.
● User interaction is achieved through event listening and handling.
● Flex is a event-driven framework. It has a solid built-in mechanism for
achieving event listening and handling.
Mouse and Keyboard Events
● Mouse events
● Click e.g. Responding to user mouse click event
● Mouse down
● Mouse up
● Mouse move
● Mouse out
● Roll over
● Roll out
● Keyboard events
● Key down
● Key up
● There are many other built-in event types:
● Timer event
● Result event (trigger when server respond to a request)
● Fault event
● Customised events is very common in mid to large application development.