2. Header Sidebar & Navigation Buttons. Brief introduction Here is an example of a terrible portfolio style website, it has a really cramped up layout and poor conventionally. http://poyileung.wordpress.com/
3. As you can see here, the typeface is small, white and has been placed on a dull background, which is making it hard to read. Again, here the typeface clashes with the colour of the sidebar which causes a great difficulty to read. An error that hasn’t been fixed on the homepage indicates a poorly designed website, here the drop down box extends into the brief introduction covering some of the text. The appearance lacks colour, it has no vibrant colours . Even though the colours used are consistent they are dull. The typeface is far to small and the colour clashes with the background, Accessibility for a person with a bad eyesight would be a cause for concern too. http://poyileung.wordpress.com/
4. Header Main Sidebar A lot of space as been wasted in both of these sections. http://poyileung.wordpress.com/
5. The navigation bar used on this website is bad and too wordy, users viewing this website would not find it easy, having said that it is however consistent to the rest of the website which is good, but navigating through this website isn’t too easy and could easily stop the audience at the first page and make them return to their search results. http://poyileung.wordpress.com/
6. http://www.45royale.com/ logo Links/rollover buttons header footer copyright contact main A well designed portfolio, that is conventional, consistent and professional.
7. http://www.45royale.com/ The links are well produced, and give a professional look. This portfolio is very well put together and conforms to many of the conventions. The layout looks professional, the header stays the same throughout all of the pages. The housestyle is clean and consistent throughout. The typeface is easy to read even for anyone accessing the website with some form of poor eyesight.
8. Header Main Footer http://www.45royale.com/
9. http://www.45royale.com/ Navigating this portfolio has proven to be easy and doesn’t cause any confusion, the typeface used is very clear to understand, the vocabulary is pretty vague and is an overall good website in terms of navigation and is suitable for its intended audience. The navigation would still be easy to use whatever the circumstances, so accessibility is not a problem.
10. Brief introduction logo Links / Rollover buttons navigation footer Again this portfolio conforms conventionally and looks professional. http://www.danieloliver.co.uk/
11. The layout looks professional and is structured well, the header stays the same throughout all of the pages. The housestyle is clean and consistent throughout. The typeface is easy to read even for anyone accessing the website with some form of poor eyesight. Both the Header and Footer stay consistent throughout the whole of the portfolio, which gives the audience a sense of familiarisation as they browse the website. http://www.danieloliver.co.uk/
12. logo Links/navigation main footer http://www.danieloliver.co.uk/
13. All the links are clear and easy to see . Navigating through this portfolio is easy and avoids confusing the audience at all costs, the typeface used is very clear to understand, It is overall a good website in terms of navigation and hits all the points when targeting their audience. Accessibility is not a problem, so navigating would still be easy to use whatever the circumstances. http://www.danieloliver.co.uk/
14. http://www.finchleywebdesign.co.uk/ logo Navigation bar/ links footer contact
15. http://www.finchleywebdesign.co.uk/ The main part of the site is the only thing that appears to change, because the designer as kept so consistent and structured. it looks that way to avoid confusion and give a professional look. The use of the hands holding the main part is a very good appearance technique, it suggests the person trying to show the audience is holding it up in front of them. This makes the audience feel more welcome and makes them feel as it is directed to them. The housestyle chosen was a good choice, It is clean, professional and consistent. The typeface is easy to read.
16. http://www.finchleywebdesign.co.uk/ header main footer
17. http://www.finchleywebdesign.co.uk/ The navigation system used on this portfolio is simple and easy to use. It is overall a good website when it comes to navigating. Accessibility isn’t an issue.