quot;Omaha is looking at what is has -
a different culture of innovation, ...
a creative class -- and trying to
build a community that will support
anyone who has a good idea and
the stomach to try to start
quot;They live and breathe the Web 2.0
movement, are excited by it, and want
to jump in.quot;
• 30 + attendee led sessions
• 100 + attendees
• 15 + sponsors
• Great opportunity for networking / sharing ideas
with our “creative class”
• Building Community!
Also working on weekly video updates, podcasts, Ustream
maybe this slide with the following 3 can be comined into
one...and tie into Dusty's spots? Let us know what you think...
BIG Omaha 2009
May 7th & 8th 2009
• Social Media Conference
• Gary Vaynerchuk, Kevin Rose, Evan Williams and...
Warren Buffett! (stranger things have happened)
• Regional / Local involvement...
• Goal? Continue to connect people, and build an organic
• Bring together techies and non-techies
• quot;Siloedquot;, but lots of people out there
• #1 priority is to keep building community
o Events, Facebook, Twitter, blogging, interview, stories, etc
o Without community, the other endeavours are difficult (or
impossible) to foster.
• Work with city leaders and other entrepreneurs to build
infrastructure around this community
• Begin to launch companies / highlight existing companies /
showcase cool things
quot;... interesting projects come out of
Omaha, they're going to look very
different by necessity than what
comes out of silicon valley or other