How to buy a used carHow to buy a used carA step-by-step guide to give youdirection
Why buy a used car in Utah?Why buy a used car in Utah? Less depreciation Save on insurance Cars are tried & true Certified pre-ownedcars have warranties Overall smaller price
1. Decide what to spend1. Decide what to spend Set a limit, budget yourfunds Research financingoptions Remember taxes,insurance, etc.
2. Choose the right car2. Choose the right car Find a car that is bestfor your needs Will it fit in yourbudget?
3. Determine the average price3. Determine the average price Certain Utah dealersoffer certain prices Certified pre-ownedcars come with extrawarranties andrefurbished bodies,with a slight increase inprice
4. Contact the dealer4. Contact the dealer-Ask why the vehicle is being sold-Ask for the history and condition of the car
5. Inspect the car5. Inspect the car Look for anyextraneous parts ordamage Check to make sureeverything is in workingorder
6. Take it for a test drive6. Take it for a test drive Make sure you’recomfortable in the seat Listen for any noisesfrom the body or theengine
7. Negotiate a good price7. Negotiate a good price Be sure you get thebest deal you can If it is certified pre-owned, be sure to geta long warranty with it
Don’t be afraid to walk away!Don’t be afraid to walk away! Even if you droveseveral hours to buythe car, walk away if itis a lemon!