2. 1 Real-time trending course contentProvide an insight to course material that students arereally interested in. Could shine a light on material other students missed. Lazy students will know something is up when they see a surge in activity.
3. 2 Advanced fine-grained logging framework* Push the existing logging framework one step further. Add hooks into existing modules Simple API to allow integration Unseen levels of data produced* May need a lot of power
4. 3 Stripped down “Mother Proof” interface Prevent our “older” companions from getting overwhelmed with the amount of links and options available. BIG fonts, Simple colours. Simple terminology Login?!? You mean “Let me in to that there page”
5. 4Virtual eyes / Poke Similar concept to facebook poke feature Small set of eyes appear Student knows your watching them and better get going with that work…
6. 5Open online usage monitor Students can see how long they have each been online for. Idle time not counted, only actual usage. At the end of the semester, graph pass rate to usage monitor. Can be used as evidence in exam boards.
7. 6 Integrated … to PDF renderer Similar to gmail functionality Allow any file type that has a general text layout to be rendered and downloaded as a PDF. If the student does not have .docx / .doc / .rtf …… viewer, they can just convert to PDF.
8. 73 Life System Student has 3 lives. If the student misses deadlines for submissions they automatically loose a life. If the student looses 3 lives they automatically are summoned for a face to face progress meeting.
9. 8 Integrated social bookmarking Combination of module and browser plugin Imagine finding a website or resource you like Booking marking by relating it to a moodle course and even a topic/section of that course Your bookmarks and other learners bookmarks can be visible to all course learners Think of Moodle integrated with Delicious Moodle meets informal group/social learning
10. 9 Improved User Interface Can a user tell the difference between Moodle 1.0 and 2.0 in terms of look and feel. Has it changed much in the last 8 years Can we make use of more AJAX functionality and HTML 5? Can we speed up use and basic operations for all users.
11. 10 Simplify the Gradebook I get nosebleeds. Can we simplify the gradebook and divide the functionality into easier to understand components. It is by far the most difficult component to train staff to use. Is there an argument for a basic grade tool and an advanced?
12. 11 Assessment load balancer A failing of many higher education courses is an inability to schedule assessment across modules without causing overlap and periods of excessive workload. Can we expand the assignment types to allow staff to estimate the amount of time it will take to complete an assignment. Can we also allow course owners to set the weekly workload for a module. Moodle can then report on assignment clashes and periods of excessive workload.
13. 12 Student performance monitor Another failing of many higher education courses is an inability to spot a student failing a number of modules. Can we develop an integrated alert system when a student has failed a certain % of assignments or has not submitted.
14. 13 Backup to repository Allow moodle users to add a backup repository to their user profiles (e.g. dropbox) Automate course backups to to repositories.
15. 14 Anonymous Usage for some Activities There are instances when we may want to allow users to use activities in an anonymous guise Questionnaires Votes Feedback Forum postings Assignment submissions Peer review
16. 15 Enhanced Student profile Students tend to move upwards in third level across programme boards. Not unusual to be managed by 20+ academic staff over course of 4 years of study. Require a student information zone. Details on Academic performance, attitude, behavior etc. Medical needs Learning needs Past incidents etc.
17. 16 Core Attendance Feature Moodle is a course management system with no core feature for managing real world attendance. Issues with two existing modules. Link attendance to previously suggested student profile feature.
18. 17 Cross server backup and restore Many larger institutions take a snapshot of their moodle server and archive it (write protected) Allow moodle courses to be backed to another moodle instance. Allow moodle courses to be restored or migrated from another moodle instance. Allow restore files to exceed course file upload limit. Make migrations easier!!!!
19. 18 Citation Manager for Moodle Perhaps this is outgrowing the VLE Useful to allow students to gather and manage citations in one central location. Moodle would be perfect! Could be linked to assignment submissions, peer sharing and review etc.
20. 19 Make this a resource! Sometimes you receive a student submission or assignment that you would like to highlight or add to your module as a good example. Example to other students All students to vote for submissions etc What about a „make this a resource‟ button which would copy the submission to the file area and allow you to give it a title etc.
21. 20 Suggestions for Moodle.org Make it easier for people to suggest improvements (non tracker based) Allow rating of modules Show a list of top modules Show modules by Download Popularity Age etc Keep up the amazing work!!!