Montclair Advisors Case Study
Top-Rated SaaS Incentive Compensation Firm Leverages
Montclair Advisors to Build out Strategic Market Intelligence
“We were looking for a smart partner who knew the
SaaS market and Montclair Advisors provided
excellent insights at a reasonable price.”
Xactly Karen Steele, Chief Marketing Officer, Xactly Corporation
San Jose, California
Gartner ranked Xactly in the Leaders quadrant for Sales
Industry: Performance Management (SPM) for the last several
Sales Performance Management
years and provides global sales compensation and
performance solutions for medium and enterprise-class
Founded: firms. The company was founded in 2005 and has
2005 always been a subscription software or SaaS provider.
Products: The challenge for Xactly was due to a recent acquisition
• Xactly Incent of a key competitor, Centive, the management team was
• Xactly Rewards out of resources and were looking to re-assess the
• Xactly Quota & Territory competitive landscape.
Xactly was looking to increase their competitive
Montclair Advisors Services: intelligence as well as their overall sales effectiveness.
• Market Scan They reached out to Montclair Advisors to review not
only their core competitive space but also to provide drill
Key Benefits down into adjacent market segments.
• Review of Core and Related
market segments Leveraging their broad network of relationships and
• Detailed market and company industry experience, Montclair Advisors was able to build
profiles out a comprehensive Market Map for Xactly. As part of
• Qualitative analysis of key a phase two engagement, Xactly had Montclair Advisors
providers drill into specific providers for use by executive
management for strategic planning purposes.
Working with Montclair Advisors, Xactly was able to get
their strategic market analysis completed in less than
half the time it would have taken if they had engaged a
traditional analyst firm and at reasonable price. Xactly
used Montclair Advisors’ Market Scan information as
primary content for a major strategic planning project
with their board of directors.
Copyright 2010 Montclair Advisors, LLC Published in February 2010