GITAM INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT, VIZAG.
HISTORY OF COMPANY
• Parle Products was founded in 1929 in British India.
• Owned by the Chauhan family of Vile Parle, Mumbai.
• The original Parle Company was split into three separate
companies owned by the different factions of the original
ABOUT THE COMPANY
• Founded in 1984.
• Owned by Chauhan Family.
• Company has turnover of 1500 Crore.
• Company has manpower strength of 2500 including over 400
• Most trusted Indian brand among beverages.
• Company products are divided into 3 segments
Launched in 1985.
India's only beverage sold in a Tetra Pack at the time.
Became the largest selling Mango drink in the country
APPY & APPY FIZZ
• Appy Classic was launched in 1986.
• It was the first apple nectar to be launched in India.
• Appy Fizz was launched in 2005.
• India‟s first sparkling apple drink available in a champagne
shaped PET bottle.
• Launched in 2008.
• It is a sparkling grape juice drink.
• Credited with creating the sparkling fruit drinks category in
Saint Juice & LMN
• Saint juice was launched in 2008.
• Saint Juice is available in three variants
Orange, Mixed fruit, Grape and Apple.
• LMN was launched in March 2009.
LMN is a non-carbonated lemon drink.
• Launched in 19 May 2013.
• Cafe Cuba is a carbonated Cuban coffee.
• It's a new product & first of its kind, more of a bottled
• BAILLEY packaged drinking water and soda.
• Hippo (launched in 2008), baked snack available in six
• Mintrox mints (launched in 2008), hard mint candy
available in 2 flavors
• Buttercup candies (launched in 2008), hard boiled
candy; it is targeted at kids and adults alike.
• Buttercup Softease, a toffee available in 4 flavors
• Softease Mithai, a toffee available in 3 flavors
• To be the leaders in our business. We will stand
apart from the competition by being the first in
the market to innovate.
• We will be the leaders in our business by maintaining
high quality, introducing new and innovative products,
reaching every part of India, remaining customercentric, constantly upgrading our knowledge and skills.
„To provide consumer‟s superior, wholesome agro based
food and drink brands through which parle can build a
profitable and growth oriented organization‟.
ETHICS AND VALUE
• Respect for plurality and diversity.
Transparency, integrity and honesty.
Respect for the worth and dignity of individuals.
Accountability of the organization to its members with
regard to its code of ethics.
Inclusiveness and social justice
PERSONNEL AND MOTIVATION STYLES
• Human resource (HR) initiative termed “shop adoption”.
• „Regular visits by psychologists‟.
• Training and constant upgrading of employee knowledge and
• Business opportunities creating platform to learn and grow.
• Perks and benefits.
• Glow boards.
• Infrastructure facilitation.
Success Mantra’s given to employees
by Schauna Chauhan
o Ensure you have a genuine interest in the career that
you have chosen.
o Cultivate a passion for learning as it always helps.
o Be aggressive in your approach, it will help you deal
o Be spontaneous and never dismiss any idea, make it
o Embrace challenges because they help you grow.
chairman & M.D
Overall measurements of success for Parle
• From a mere Rs 250 crore company 10 years ago, Parlé Agro
is today a Rs 1,500-crore entity.
• From just one plant in early 2000, Parlé Agro now has 10
across the country for its various products.
Most important factors leading to the
success of Parle Agro
Willingness to Adapt
Availability and affordability
Aggressive Business Goal
Remaining customer centric
Reaching every part of India
Introducing new and innovative products
Strategies used to achieve this
• Direct marketing for the brand.
• Developing products on the health plank- Hippo, Apple juice.
• Focus on customer ideology - Classifying Frooti as children's
drink and Appy as youths.
• Focus on innovation.
Success of•Company believes •Company follows •Parle Agro ensure
Parle Agro through planning,
planning can be
in leading through functional
that the goodwill
leading, organizing, controlling in danger by is
organizational style not
•They venture into
where the product
hasn’t been tested .
Appy 1st Apple marketing
Saint juice 1st
100% Fruit juice.
•Planning at Parle
Agro is aligned with
the changes in the Hippo 1st
•Parle Agro give
to planning that
Magic of Frooti
•The company gives
quality of the
product to ensure
in monitoring the
and to check its
STRENGTH’S OF THE COMPANY
• Innovative advertising.
• Innovative Marketing strategies.
• Targeting on all age groups.
• Enhanced distribution base.
• Innovative Products.
• Focus on quality.
MAJOR CHALLENGES TO BE FACED IN
• Tough competition with competitors.
• „Saint' juice priced higher than competitors.
• Scarcity of land leading to price rise.
• Raw material availability, dependence on imports and shelf
• Planning of marketing offensives to compete with the deeppocketed MNCs.