2. What is a Smart Card?Standard credit card-sizedplastic card ,with a siliconmicrochip embedded on it.Two types Memory-only chips Microprocessor chips
3. The card is "smart" because it is"active", that is that it can receiveinformation, process it and then"make a decision".Can hold up to 32,000 bytesNewer smart cards have math co-processors Perform complex encryption routines quickly
4. IntroductionIn 1968 German inventors patentcombination of plastic cards with microchips.
5. Construction of Smart Cards
6. Construction of Smart Cards GNDVcc Vpp RST I/O CLK RFU RFU
7. Examples of Smart Cards
8. Examples of Smart Cards
9. Examples of Smart Cards
10. Current ApplicationsPayphonesMobile CommunicationsBanking & RetailElectronic PurseHealth CareID Verification and Access Control
11. Interfaces of Smart Cards Antenna
12. Interfaces of Smart Cards
13. DifferentSmart Card Readers
14. AdvantagesFlexibilitySecurityPortabilityIncreasing data storage capacityReliability.
16. Why Smart CardsImprove the convenience and security ofany transaction.Provide tamper-proof storage of user andaccount identity.Provide vital components of systemsecurity.Protect against a full range of securitythreats