1. by Carol Ann Tomlinson: Professor of Educational Leadership, Foundations and Policy at University of Virginia (Charlottesville) Research Areas: -Curriculum and Instruction for Academically Diverse Learners/ for Critical Thinking. -School Reform and Gifted Education Principal Investigator at National Research Center on the Gifted and Talented Special Project Writer for the US Department of Education For the Gifted and Exceptional Children
2. “Consistently using a variety of instructional approaches to modifycontent, process, and / or products in response to learning readinessand interest of academically diverse students.”
3. Diverse population of studentsSpecific needs of each Diverse learning student styles / profiles REASONS TO DIFFERENTIATE: Diverse Cultural academic background readiness Diverse interests
4. CONTENTPROCESS Directed to lesson’s common focusPRODUCTSLEARNING ENVIRONMENT
5. Teacher directed,teacher selected activities Learner centered, learner selected Whole class instruction, activities Small Group instruction, Individual instruction
6. What are aspects we see positive andchallenging about this proposal? How could this proposal enrich our personal or our school’s practices?