Something Social 1 extra Facebook post. A quick YouTube upload. That new platform post. Cold calls from vendors. And meetings, meetings, meetings. Meetings to talk about social media.
“Photo sharing is so hot right now. Let’s do that.”“Check-ins are popular. Can we integrate check-ins?” “They built a Facebook game. We should too.” “We need a YouTube channel.” “Just read a blog about iPad apps. Let’s build one.” “We should be doing something on Google+.”
How can you recognize Something Social ? this one ’ve got “I r yo u...” ide a fo so cial The Idea Grenade.
WHY ? YO UTo avoid starting each day likethis.
WHY? To breathe, think + clear space for how you want to move ahead. Block 1 day in your calendar. HOW? Invite your true social team only. 2 max.Q’s for How do you “ﬁll your plate” now? DAY Do you know what “full” looks like? If it’s full + you want to do more, what comes OFF your plate?
2. Find a way to make “100%” tangible within social. =
3. How are you ﬁlling your plate today? 7% 8% 35% 10% plate 11% 29% Facebook Platform YouTube Video Edit Tweets Event Social Social Sales Tumblr Feed
4. Take it to the bones. social full plate. october 2012 Social Sites: Social Stunts & Site Social Dev Video PhotoRegular Posts Promos Projects Production Galleries1. Facebook 1. Big Promo 1. Site sharing. 1. Video A 1. Gallery A2. Twitter 2 2 2. Video B 2. Gallery B3 3. Video C 3 4 4 5
5. List everything social you want to do. (we do a card sort)
6. that social full plate with your team. (this is where buy-in becomes crucial)
7. Create a parking lot.This is my parking lot. Very basic. Usually much more crowded.
8. Always think of INVISIBLE COST.IN THIS NEXT HOUR, I COULD... x Answer 25 emails about social policy. 25 or x1 Write outline for my “big idea” social site integration. Keeping Somethings Social from eating my days... that’s the #1 thing that keeps me on-track. *Sometimes we have to write the posts. And the emails.
Whip out full plate. Team decides where to cut. social full plate. january 2012 Social Sites: Social Stunts & Site Social Dev Video Photo Regular Posts Promos Projects Production Galleries1. Facebook 1. Big Promo 1. Site sharing. 1. Video A 1. Gallery A2. Twitter 2 2 2. Video B 2. Gallery B3 3. Video C 3 4 4 5
Just say NO to “something social” Have a DAY. your full plate. that document with your team. Create a for new ideas.
Join the revolution.See you on Twitter. @espn_prodgirl
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.