What kinds of things are in ‘Metro’? • Top/Shocking news • Weather and forecast • ‘Talk’ news • ‘Guilty pleasure’ news • Ents & Tech • Horoscope & Puzzles • ‘Business’ news • Sports Sections
How is ‘Metro’ Organised/Structured?Top important news Weather forecast Middle – Guilty pleasure Fashion Puzzles and horoscope Back - sport
How much Advertising is in ‘Metro’?Advertising There is about 65% advertising throughout theText newspaper as it almost features of every page in various sizes. Also because the newspaper is free they’re funding is provided by the advertisers, so its only natural it features largely throughout.
What do ‘Metro’ advertise? • Cosmetics • Supermarkets • Technology • Clothing brands • Jobs • Websites • Furniture
Who is the Target Audience?• The metro is free provided by transport.• Therefore their target audience will be people who go work early in the morning (when the papers usually taken by) on the train mainly.• Many articles are based on technology – esp, in the ents & tech sections Supported by formal language Thus target audience is possibly middle class adults
Where is ‘Metro’ available?• On all trains• BussesIn the… UKBecause, it is the only city with an underground –as is a busy city whereby so many people will readit massively.
Size and Cost of Adverts in ‘Metro’ I could not find the cost
1. What kind of things are in the newspaper?• Business• Sport• Travel• Politics• News• Culture• Style• Driving
2. How is the newspaper organised/structured?• Headline News• Money• Business• Sport• Travel• Culture
3. How much advertising is in it?There is around 20% worth of advertising in the newspaper. There are a few double page spreads filled with classified adverts
4. What do they advertise? The Times advertise both products and services.Travel Insurance EducationLifestyle, Culture, Travel Tuition packages etcetc
5. Who is the target audience?• Middle class• Mainly males• 30-50 year old males• Interests: sport, business, lifestyle etc
6. Where is it available?• All newsagents• Online at www.thetimes.co.uk The newspaper can be read online if subscriptions are made for a small fee.
7. Size of the advertsHere is the information available..
8. Cost of the advertsA simple website and A text box that can have atelephone number in this paragraph including astyle of writing. Pricing telephone number andstarts at £24.30 website address. The pricing starts at £168.48
1. What kind of things are in the newspaper?• TV Guide• Showbiz News• Worldwide News• Politics• Sport• Travel• Lifestyle
2. How is the newspaper organised/structured?• Sport• TV & Showbiz• Health• Science• Finance• Travel• Columnists
2. How much advertising is in it?There is around 30% of advertising in the newspaper.• In most pages of the newspaper there are a few features.• The last pages of the newspaper have double page spreads for smaller adverts.
4. What do they advertise? The Daily Mail mainly advertise both products and services but mainly products e.g. Slings, glasses, furniture, collect ibles etc
5. Who is the target audience?• 18-50 year olds• Both genders but mainly females• Lower middle class
6. Where is it available?• All newsagents in England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales• Articles are available on www.dailymail.co.uk
7. Size of the adverts Slightly smaller adverts mainly used for promoting new websites etc Medium sized adverts mainly used for recruitment purposes etc
Slightly larger adverts to beused for promotingagencies etc A full page advert to advertise products/services etc
8. Cost of the advertsAdverts arepriceddifferentlyeach day ofthe week
What kinds of things are in the newspaper?• Cartoon strips • Weather • "Shock Issues" • Horoscopes • Football Section
How is the newspaper organised/structured?Start News Latest News Sport Television Lifestyle UK News Weird News Technology & Science Real Life Stories World news Crime Trending Today Money Games and Quizzes Opinions Finish
Who is target audience? • Due to the type of news that they publish, the Metro is considered to be aimed at mainly labour supporting working class as their topics are in favour with this particular group of people.• It has supported the Labour Party since 1945 and its target audience is 18-30.
Where is it available?• The UK • Ireland • Scotland • Australia • Sri Lanka