How to create your acrimboldo food face with pixlr
Using Pixlr.com to Create Acrimboldo Inspired Food Faces
1. Sketch out an idea of what you want your food face to look like. Brainstorm about using different foods (ANY kind
of food is okay!) and make a list of these foods.
2. Use google.com to search for food images with WHITE backgrounds (this makes your life much easier!!). Save your
images to your flash drive or your student drive.
3. Go is pixlr.com
4. Click on “pixlr editor” (the butterfly)
5. Click on “create a new image”
6. Keep the presets listed; click “ok”
7. Go to “layer” and click “open image as layer”
8. Find your food images (start from actual face shape food and work forward for details like eyes) and click “ok”
9. Go to “edit” and “free transform” stretch and/or rotate your image until you like it
10. Click on the Magic Wand Tool and click on any part of the image you don’t want (marching ants will appear)
11. Go to “edit” and choose “cut” The unwanted parts should disappear
12. If you don’t like the Magic Wand tool and/or you need a better tool, chose the Eraser tool from the toolbox
13. Go to “layer” and choose “open image as layer”
14. Follow steps 9-12
15. Repeat as many times as needed to complete your face. You must have head, eyes, eyebrows, mouth, nose, hair,
ears, and one more “extra”
16. Click on “File” and scroll to “Save” and then click “Ok”
17. Find you lunch number file (your student drive) and click “Save”
I PUT THE “SAVE” STEP AT THE END, buuuut YOU SHOULD SAVE OFTEN!! PIXLR CRASHES!