1. Instructions for submitting recall requests using HOMER, the University of Connecticut’s online catalog. Recalling Materials in HOMER
2. Initiating a Recall Request Items that are checked out can be recalled from the item record screen in HOMER (search for an item in HOMER then select the item to view the brief record). Select the Request Recall button at the top of the HOMER screen to recall an item. The item status will indicate whether or not an item is checked out. Patrons can only recall items that are checked out. Select the Request Recall button to recall an item.
3. Logging in After selecting the Request Recall button from the item record screen in HOMER, patrons are given the option to proceed to the NetID sign-on page, or log into their library account using their library barcode an last name . Faculty, staff, students, and affiliates must use the NetID sign-on . Patrons can look up their NetID using the NetID search page at https://netid.uconn.edu/SearchNetID / . Community borrowers need to sign on by entering their library barcode (begins with 29153, and is printed on their library card) and last name , then select the Login button. Faculty, staff, students, and affiliates should use the NetID sign-on . Community borrowers should login with their library barcode and last name .
4. NetID & Library Barcode Patrons will be directed to the NetID sign-on page after selecting the NetID button. Patrons should enter their NetID and Password , then select the Login button. Community borrowers should enter their library barcode and last name , then select the Login button. 1. Enter NetID and Password . 2. Select Login . 1. Enter Library Barcode and Last Name . 2. Select Login .
5. Select Request Type After logging in, select the Recall option from the drop-down menu (Note: this is the default selection). Then select the OK button. 1. Verify that Recall is selected in the request type drop-down menu. 2. Select the OK button.
6. Select Pickup Location The recall request form displays after selecting Recall as the request type. Babbidge Circ Desk is the default pickup location for recalled items. Select a different pickup location from the pickup location drop-down menu (the text to the left of this menu reads, “ For pickup other than Babbidge Library, Storrs, choose library here ”) if a pickup location other than Babbidge Library is desired. Select a different pickup location here if a pickup location other than the Babbidge Library is desired.
7. Submit the Recall Request After selecting the pickup location for the recalled item, select the Submit Request button to complete the recall. Select Submit Request .
8. Request Confirmation A screen will display indicating whether or not the recall request was successful. If the recall request is successful, an automated recall notice will be sent to the patron who has the item checked out. When the item is returned, the patron who recalled the item will receive an automated item available email message, indicating that the recalled item is available for pickup. This screen will display if the recall request is successful.
9. Request Confirmation If the recall request is not successful, a screen will display indicating that the recall request failed. A recall request will fail if an item is not recallable, or if a patron is not eligible to recall materials (a patron may be ineligible if they have an overdue recalled item charged to his/her account, or some other kind of patron block). If a recall request fails, ask library staff for assistance. This screen will display if the recall request fails.