resources: pre-test results
Evaluation of your answers:
1. Which of the following is another network that has provided wireless
You chose: The telecommunications network.
Correct! The telecommunications network provided wireless
connectivity by introducing cellular telephones.
2. Which of the following is a representation for megabits per second?
You chose: Mbps.
Correct! The small b that follows M indicates bits; a capital B indicates
bytes. Mbps represents megabits per second.
3. Which agency is responsible for the 802.11 wireless networking
You chose: IEEE.
Correct! The IEEE is responsible for the 802.11 wireless networking
4. As a WAP feature, VPN pass-through does what?
You chose: Provides a virtual private network connection to a
Correct! As a WAP feature, VPN pass-through enables a virtual private
network connection over the Internet to a private network.
5. Which of the following technologies uses the Generic Access Profile for
basic device information exchange?
You chose: 802.11.
Incorrect. The 802.11 specification standardizes wireless networking,
and it does not use profiles for exchanging device information. The
correct answer is: Bluetooth.
6. First-generation cellular networks (1G) use which method to transmit
from cell phone to a cell tower?
You chose: Digital.
Incorrect. 1G cellular networks do not transmit data from cell phone to
cell tower digitally. The correct answer is: Analog.
7. What is the first task you should perform when deploying a wireless
You chose: Plan the network.
Correct! Planning the network should be the first step when deploying a
8. Which of the following WAP features is found on a business-class WAP?
You chose: Firewall.
Incorrect. Business-class WAPs do not incorporate a firewall, since
business networks have existing, business-class firewalls already
deployed. The correct answer is: Remote management.
9. What is the primary benefit of Windows Zero Configuration?
You chose: A common Windows interface for all wireless network
Correct! Windows Zero Configuration provides a common Windows
interface for all wireless network settings.
10. To connect to an Ad Hoc Wi-Fi network, which of the following is
You chose: All devices must have the same wireless NIC.
Incorrect. The only requirement for wireless NICs is that each be
compatible with the same Wi-Fi standard. The correct answer is: All
devices must be on the same wireless channel.
11. Which wireless networking encryption scheme is best suited for use with
a central authority?
You chose: 802.1x.
Correct! 802.1x is capable of integrating with a central authority and
designed to work with identity servers in an enterprise environment.
12. How many new Bluetooth-enabled devices are shipped each week?
You chose: 200,000.
Incorrect. There are far more than 200,000 Bluetooth-enabled devices
shipping each week. The correct answer is: 2 million.