1: Clouds still like predictability
2: We’ve only scaled web nodes
What does Billy Bob need?
A system that can temporarily manage peaks that
are beyond the synchronous capacity of the system
while retaining functionality and responsiveness
In other words we are talking about scalability not
How can Billy Bob use this?
1. Initiate jobs at controller_action_predispatch for consumption during
2. Execute multiple concurrent data requests from web services
3. Initiate data retrieval for retrieval in subsequent Ajax requests
4. Implement an ordering mechanism that throttles order processing
(beware of PCI issues here, obviously)
5. Update ERP systems immediately with no client interruption