K ids H elping K ids
What is Kid Helping Kids?
- It is when kids of all ages help other kids of all ages.
- It is a way for kids to get involved in their community in an encouraging way.
Who can you help in the community?
- Kids who are less fortunate than you are and may be homeless.
- Kids who are sick and are in hospitals.
- Kids who have learning disabilities.
- Kids who have physical disabilities.
How can you help kids in your community?
- By Volunteering in a near by community center, hospital, or school you can get involved with students who have special needs in your area.
Why should you help kids in your community?
- It helps you understand people who are different from you.
- It will cause a chain reaction and get other people to want to start helping others too!
Where can you help?
- Research local children’s hospitals that you can visit and ask them what can you do to help them.
- Go to your local community center and find out what events are coming soon that you can help out with, or help organize an event for the people in the community.
- Volunteer at your school or another school in the area and work with students who have disabilities.
- Share your reflections and ideas on your own blog or comment on ours.
- Every week we will be posting ideas for service-learning.
- If you need help you can just email us or post comments on the blog.