Attempt to Abandon a Book –Official Form (required!)
(Feel free to ask for more paper as you fill out this form. It requires a lot of writing and you
will probably need it.)
1. The title of the book you are abandoning:
2. The author of this poor book that you have decided not to finish:
3. The date the book was published:
4. The number of pages in this poor book:
5. The page number you are on in this book that will now have to go sit on the shelf by
itself with no one to read it:
6. What is the genre of this book?
7. Is book fiction or non-fiction? (Please prove it with a 3-5 sentence explanation. The
book deserves at least that much.)
(If your book is non-fiction, you may skip questions 8 and 9)
8. Who are all the characters in the book on which you are giving up?
9. What is the setting of this book?
10. You must write a one paragraph summary of this book so far. (one paragraph
means 5-7 sentences. I think the author who wrote a whole book deserves at least
11. Please write another paragraph that convinces me to let you abandon this book.
(I’ll give you a hint – you better be very persuasive! And it must be 5-7 sentences
12. Why did you choose this book in the first place?
13. What is the title and the author of the book you are going to read instead?
14. Why do you think you will like this new book more? (One paragraph, 5-7 sentences
15. How do you feel if someone didn’t take the time to get to know you? What
would they be missing? (One paragraph, 5-7 sentences please)