2. Learn About Our Class• The teacher • Schedule/Tardiness• Class goals and community • Supplies• Subjects • Getting help• Homework and field trips • Questions? Raise your hand, please.
3. Get to Know MeMy experience My background• I’ve been teaching for x years. • I grew up in City or Town.• I taught x grade and x grade. • I attended Elementary Name, High School Name, and College Name.• Here’s a funny classroom story…
4. My Family• My spouse/partner• Our children• Our pets
6. Communication• My email:• My phone:• Class web site:
7. Class Goals• Learn new skills• Discover new interests• Make new friends• Have fun and support each other
8. Classroom Community• Our classroom rules help us get along with each other: • Be respectful and responsible. • Be organized and follow directions. • Be on time. • Be prepared.
9. Class Subjects• Reading and Writing• Math• Science and Technology• Social Studies• Music and Art
10. Reading• Briefly list the reading topics and activities• How about a book list?
11. Writing• Briefly list the writing topics and activities
12. Math• Briefly list the math topics and activities
13. Science and Technology• Briefly list the science and technology topics and activities
14. Social Studies• Briefly list the topics and activities• How about special projects?
15. Music and Art• Briefly list the topics and activities
16. Homework• 45 minutes of homework every night.• Due on Friday morning• Need extra time? Go to homework club during recess.
17. Field Trips• We have lots of fun field trips planned for this year!• Attend two plays at the Children’s Theater (Reading units)• Take water samples from river at Maple Grove park (Science unit)• Tour a bakery (Social Studies unit)
18. Tardiness• School starts at 8:15 A.M.• Running late? Check in at the school office before coming to class.• If you are tardy four times, the school will contact your parents.
19. SuppliesBring these items each day Don’t bring these items• Number 2 Pencil • Electronic Devices