OVERVIEW OF INDUSTRY ABOUT EXIDE BATTERY SIZE OF THE COMPANY SEGMENTATION TARGET AUDIENCE PRODUCT DETAILS CURRENT MARKET SHARE ADVERTISEMENT AND SELLING
Exide is the market leader in batteries with a strong brand equity and widest distribution. Production of batteries grew by 18.3% in 2009- 10. The replacement market is fragmented. The unorganized players make up about 55% of the market, while the organized players account for the remaining 45% of the market. The market share for the organized players was 30% in this segment 4 years before.
Exide was incorporated as Associated Battery Makers (Eastern) Ltd., on 31st January, 1947 under the Companies Act, 1913 to purchase all or any of the assets of the business of manufacturers, buyers and sellers of and dealers in and repairers of electrical and chemical appliances and goods carried on by the Chloride Electric Storage Company (India) Ltd, in India. The name of the Company was changed to Chloride India Ltd on 2nd August, 1972. The name of the Company was again changed to Chloride Industries Ltd. vide fresh Certificate of Incorporation dated 12th October, 1988.