066733Computer-Assisted English Language Learning and Teaching
Useful&Interesting ESL website
LESSON PLAN Aim To practice listening, reading, and writing about past simple tense Level Pre-Intermediate Time 2 periods Preparation Hardware: one computer per person Software: the Internet Knowledge: searching information in IE
Procedure Pre-computer work
1. Teacher introduces how to use Past Simple Tense; states the rules, the structure (S+V2) , and the key words (adverb of time: yesterday, ago)
2.Teacher gives some examples of imperative & affirmative sentences with using adverb of time
Q: What did you do yesterday?
I went to the library yesterday.
I visited my grand parents in Bangkok.
I helped my mother to do the housework.
Pre-computer work (cont)
3. introduce students the website for additional activity related to Past Simple tense
teacher teach students how to use the website briefly
4. Students follow the instruction and begin to use the website http://www.real-english.com using the lesson 46(yesterday, past tense)
5. Students watch the video clip and try to learn the concept of past simple tense.
6. Students instantly do the past simple tense exercises in the website with various styles to practice.
7. Then, they can immediately assess their understanding of using past simple tense when they finish the exercise.
8. Teacher assigns students to do past simple tense worksheet for reviewing and makes an appointment to test next time.
students self-evaluation by doing the exercise the in the website
Past Simple Tense worksheet
Past Simple Tense post-test
“ A complete free site for learning English: original videos with interactive lessons, an English teacher can present to help students and community of teachers & students learning together”